What do you think would be the death of this franchise?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Blacklist#25, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Blacklist#25

Blacklist#25 New Member

We all talk about the success of GTA but what about it's downfall? I mean sure it's a long shot. With a concept like GTA it's almost hard to not get some sort of grip from the audience and with all the gathered fame it's impossible. But let's just deviate for a moment and think about this, what do you think would kill this franchise?

2. moneyman

moneyman New Member

Rockstar games have actually provided us many fantastic games and been successful as a corporation. I believe their success will continue since they are making in a progress of creating a new game all the time. Grand theft autos have already gathered wide gamer audience of all age groups and therefore it will remain as it is now.

3. Rowe992

Rowe992 New Member

I think the death of this franchise will be when people are no longer interested and sales drop by a wide margin. As long as the fans are interested to play and to buy the game then maybe Rockstar will continue to develop the series.

4. Goat of Departure

Goat of Departure New Member

It's going to be hard to tell but I think it would be repetition. People hate it when games repeat themselves but I doubt Rockstar will face this problem soon. It works hand in hand, repetition and frequent release. Take Call of Duty for example, most people don't mind the repetition but if you release it every year then we have a problem there.

As for GTA I don't think it would be the issue since they release games far apart from each major release. Also you can count on the level of interest the people have. If they find GTA games to be boring and uninteresting anymore then it will face it's decline.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I would have to say the death of this series would be if they make the gameplay more dull. I do not mind the general idea of the series as long as they stay innovative its fine.

6. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

I'd say that Rockstar could release a final GTA game with a huge world and would keep improving it (as free DLCs, like they did with GTA:V). That game would be the last GTA, in my opinion.

7. sidney

sidney Member

I think the interest of the people is what keeps the game successful, so if ever Rockstar made a crappy game and lots of people did not like it and gave it negative reviews, then for sure it would be the start of the downfall of the GTA franchise.

8. beccagreen

beccagreen New Member

It's hard to say really. GTA is a legend when it comes to gaming and almost every gamer in the world knows what GTA is even if you're not a fan and haven't played the game you're sure to be familiar with it.

I think it's downfall would be if Rockstar release a broken game straight in a row and just provide DLC's after DLC to prolong the game and people should have to pay for it. I think most people hate it when game companies try to cash in by prolonging the game by releasing DLC after DLC and having people pay for it.

9. Nevi

Nevi New Member

I thought the Watch Dog franchise would kill the GTA but turns out it's inferior than GTA.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Who knows when the final game would be. I would think that if there is to be a final GTA they would have to include all the major worlds in modern day. Like a much older CJ teaming up with Trevor to take on the mob.

11. rachael

rachael New Member

They have done well because they haven't changed too much of the games mechanics. The greatest change they have made would be the addition of 3 protagonists, much of the gameplay has remained the same, and I think that attributes to their success. And as our world changes, R* is given more inspiration for future games. They are games that evolve as we evolve, the scenarios co-inside with how life is now, with they are games that are based on real life with just the right amount of bullcrap to make it entertaining.

12. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

They have done well for all these years every since the first game. I would assume they would make GTA another more detailed game except I would like to see a main female protagonist.

13. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

It would have to be, if graphics and controls would be not too good. If the story is bad, than game can be affected as well. As long as missions are do able and not real tricky. As that can frustrate some people.

14. RamZor

RamZor Member

It's really hard to tell. Rockstar will fall when people lose interest one day.

15. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

When Watch_Dogs was about to release, I was so hyped about it! I gave up waiting on GTA:V's PC version and thought that it'd be a lot of times better than GTA. It turned out to be an average Ubisoft game with a short campaign. It was enjoyable, but certainly not a GTA killer.

16. Glen

Glen New Member

Well at the pace they're going at. they shouldn't fall for a long, long time. But eventually, all good things must come to an end. In my opinion, I'd say that they would become extremely repetitive, and no new, innovative things in their games anymore. Just variations. That would be their demise.

17. rachael

rachael New Member

Thats what I want too!! If they continue making the games with 3 protagonists, theres really no reason they cannot make at least one a woman!!! Give her a bunch of appearance options from girly to tomboy, don't make her too girly, but not too butch either, and make her normal, not a crazy bitch. And voila! The first GTA female protagonist.

18. erik120

erik120 New Member

I think that the franchise would die only when it would eventually play out all the elements it could possibly encompass but that is virtually impossible since it is a game that bases its main concept on a replica of reality itself which is ever changing, so I don't think it might die soon.

19. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I think having a female protagonist would make the game even more interesting since it would get more girls interested in the game. I would like to see a sexy female protagonist who would also be open as far as relationship is concern. Like maybe Rockstar Games could give you the option of being straight or lesbian for this female protagonist.

20. insertkittyface

insertkittyface New Member

I don't see the series dying out anytime soon but a good way to kill it would to be to try to hard, by adding weird features, like zombies and things of that nature.. I think keeping it as life like as possible will keep the series going for many years.