What do you think about 8 bit games?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

8 bit games have hit mobile devices by storm. I thought we were over 8 bit games since the 1990s. And more powerful phones have already been produced which are capable of rendering console quality graphics. But, when I go to the Play Store, I still see a lot of 8 but games being sold. Do you still fancy these 8-bit games?

2. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I think the nostalgia charm of 8 bit games really attract gamers from everywhere. Lot of 8 bit games, mostly from the iOS or Android platfrom app stores, are being sold and being praised. It's hard to make a graphically great game on the mobile platform and 8 bits are fun and easy to make it and people like it. It's a win-win for everyone.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm more accustomed to the era of 16--bit games, so I'd say I prefer those more. To me, it's the sweet spot in between being too simple and too complicated, so personally, Sega and SNES games are just right. Not that 8-bit games are not fun, though, because I do still enjoy a lot of the Nintendo games until today, but I'm a little bit more selective.

4. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Very nostalgic. I really like 8-bit classic remake games and also 8-bit music. It's pleasing to my eyes and it makes me very happy and excited.

5. KNH

KNH Member

Pretty much! It brings back a lot of memories for me. I think the younger generation doesn't fully understand why we like them, but it is total nostalgia for me.

6. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

It's a bit of a shame, because they have it wired in their heads, that graphics are what makes a game. These days, that might be true, but in all honesty, gameplay is what makes a game in my opinion. And nothing proves that like classic NES games or 8 bit games. Of course, nowadays, we play them as a big beacon of nostalgia, just to remind us of our childhood filled with amazing moments of playing some MegaMan or Battletoads. I don't know, maybe the our current generation will be amazed at the tight and responsive gameplay, rather than the spectacle of buildings falling down in Battlefield 4, albeit, a very cool sight to see.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

8 bit music was really cool and certainly a huge step up at the time. I honestly prefer the 16 bit era though when it comes to music.

8. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I always like to play the 8-bit games and I agree with the people that posted before me, the 8-bit music is really cool. Maybe I like them so much, because of the nostalgia, when I played the 8-bit games as a kid and had a lot of fun with them.

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Nowadays not really. I don't like 8 bit games. o_O

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I rather have a smooth running 8bit game than a choppy game that looks nice..

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I also don't like the new bit games out now that are too clean and not actually bits at all and instead are just drawings made to look like it.