What do you play Chinatown Wars on?

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by JoshSmith, Aug 7, 2013.

1. The_Real_Slim_JD

The_Real_Slim_JD New Member

I've only played GTA: Chinatown Wars on Nintendo DS. I forgot that it was available on iPhone and iPad. They should release it on Android too so I can play it on my Galaxy Tab 3!

2. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

Seeing as I don't have an Ipad or Iphone I have to play it on my DS, not that I'm complaining. When I get my Iphone next month I probably won't bother as I really like how it plays on the DS.

3. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I've only played it on the iPad and it wasn't too bad. My only complaint would have to be the controls. Games play so much better when you have actual physical buttons.

4. gats

gats Member

I play it on my Nintendo DS. I don't have any other mobile platform that is powerful enough to play it.

5. Oakster

Oakster Member

I've only played it on my Nintendo DS.
    I found it a bit too based around the touchpad controls, couldn't even rob a parked car without doing a little minigame on the touch screen.
    But it was still pretty good, just like all GTA's :)

6. matrixor

matrixor Member

I played on DS. It was a good experience. I liked the game. The weapons and driving were OK. The other content was ok, too. Overall It's pretty good.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

DS. I prefer playing a game on it's original console the way it is meant to be play myself. Unless it's a multiplat on release anyway.

8. Oakster

Oakster Member

Has anyone played it on both DS and iPad?
    I'd like an opinion on which has the better controls.

9. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I was thinking of playing it on the iPad but don't know if it would really work. If anybody has any idea as to how it plays or if I should give it a miss until I can play it on not an iPad please say. I don't want my experience to be ruined as I don't know if it works well on IOS.

10. nickjt

nickjt Member

I played on the iPhone, it was a bit of a mixed result. The controls were very hit and miss but the game was ported over well and when the controls were accurate it was very enjoyable. I would love for Rockstar to make another GTA in this style but hopeful put more thought into the iPhone controls.

11. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I played GTA Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS a long, long time ago. It was alright, especially for a game during that time. Comparing it to now, it's not very good at all in terms of graphics. But then again, graphics of games in the past weren't very good. Now a days, the graphics on games are pretty realistic, at least for games on consoles like the PS3 and such.

12. iroyv

iroyv New Member

Played Chinatown Wars on the DS back when it first came out and it was a bunch of fun. I tried it when it came out on the PSP and the experience on that platform wasn't as fun; the touch controls on the DS add to the experience (especially when you're doing the small mini-games.)

13. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I have never played Gta Chinatown wars because I didn't own any of the devices on which it was released. I still don't know why a PC version was never made. However I can play with a psp emulator on my computer but I have never bothered. I hope they will release an Android version sometime in the future.

14. ash2014uk

ash2014uk New Member

I dont think it was the greatest on PSP but on the DS it is amazing!
    I would recommend that most people should get it on the DS ifyou are going to get it on anything.

15. JayR17

JayR17 New Member

I've played a little bit of the PSP version. I mainly played it on my DS and on my iPod Touch. Back when I had an iPad is when I really played the game and enjoyed it. Definitely a good game, too bad they don't have the drug selling and buying in the console GTA games.

16. Tumwriter92

Tumwriter92 New Member

I play Grand Theft Auto Chinatown through my ipod, I just download it in the app store.

17. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I played the game on my PSP and I enjoyed it very much. My friend used to play it on Ipad and it was really enjoyable also.

18. Balaal

Balaal Member

PSP. Its my favorite game to play next to Street Fighter Alpha

19. joebel

joebel New Member

I play it on my DS. It's a great way to pass the time.

20. ZXD22

ZXD22 New Member

I have played the DS version of China Wars. I actually really enjoyed it. It had some unique touch screen interactive scenes, such as when you had to start up a car with a screw driver and what not, and I really enjoyed the story as well. It was worth the money! :)