What do you like playing on?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Marcus, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

What kind of mobile device do you prefer using when it comes to gaming or just using apps? I have an android phone and an earlier model iPad. I prefer playing on the iPad, because it's a bigger screen, but the thing is getting old, so I like playing on my android phone more often. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone that is just pure bliss.

2. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

I often play around on my Android device, making a few programs here and there and rooting phones for my friends during my free time. It's easy to say that the android operating system is more developer friendly than iPad's iOS. With iOS, you have to pay a fee to develop programs, even if you don't release them. I prefer tablets more than phones, larger screens and more pixels. Got my android tablet for free from a relative in China so I don't think I'll be getting a new iPad or android tablet anytime soon.

3. orz

orz Member

Definitely my iPad just due to how big the screen is, a little impracticable for going outside but its portability for just at home is good. The bigger screen as opposed to a smartphone reduces my eye strain too.

4. davis

davis Active Member

Android tablets, definitely. xlzqwerty1, how do you test your apps? I found the stock emulator to be painfully slow. Enough to discourage me from making a simple app, let alone a game. I've tried other emulators too with no luck. I guess you can run it straight on the tablet, but that doesn't make it less inconvenient. If I can't run a test in 10 seconds tops, it's taking too much. How do you do it?

5. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Member

I like my iphone 4 a lot just because of the fact that it doesn't freeze up or crash like my android. This might be a bit biased since my android is made by some company called Kyocera and the phone model, The Event, is one that is sort of old and not really heard of, while the Iphone 4 is clearly made by a well known company.

6. Qamra

Qamra Member

I loved playing on my HTC ONE X, graphics were always so crisp and fast!
    Big screen was an advantage too.
    Unfortunately it broke so now I'm using HTC Windows 8s.

7. CelTek

CelTek Member

I've got a Nexus 7. The crappy 8gb version that doesn't even exist anymore... It is more than adequate for my gaming needs, it runs GTA: Vice City pretty well. I use the Sixaxis app which allows me to use my PS3 controller (I have a controller but do not own a PS3) but unfortunately not a lot of games support it natively, which does make me annoyed a little bit. The Nexus 7 is a good enough tablet at the moment though.

I do want some racing games that can use Sixaxis though. Not getting much love at the moment in that respect.

8. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I've only played on my android phone and ipod touch.

9. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I prefer playing in the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It's a quad core device that could play almost any Android game there is without any hiccups. The massive 5.5 inch screen is excellent for gaming. The images are clean and crisp. It's a joy to play on the Note 2.

10. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

I'm completely satisfied playing on my Galaxy S4. It's not too heavy when holding it above my head, so I can keep that position for quite a while. My experience with iPad and other tablet are that they are too heavy for my liking. I can't hold it in overhead position for a long time unlike with my phone. Also, my phone is more mobile and versatile while I would have to haul around an iPad.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like playing on an iPad, because I don't like playing on a small screen that much. I can enjoy it for a while on a phone, but eventually I'd just get tired of it, unlike when I'm on a bigger screen on a tablet, I feel a lot less cramped so it's a lot less tiring for me.

12. randee555

randee555 Member

It all depends on where I am. I play on my phone when I'm on the go and might possibly have a little time to kill. If I'm at home, I use my boyfriend's Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet because the screen is bigger and it just makes some games look so cool.

13. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I like playing mobile games on my iPhone. I also like tablets, however I don't own one at the moment.

14. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I like playing on my android device (smartphone). Although iPads are also cool to play on.

15. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I like playing on my iPad and my phone, but I preffer the iPad because of the bigger screen and I like playing games on a bigger screen.

16. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

I use my android phone for casual gaming. If I am waiting for something that will take hours to come, I usually like to whip out my Galaxy Tablet 3 and start playing on that!

I kind of don't like playing on phones because of how small the screen size it is, I have to get up close and squint at the tiny text!

17. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I like Galaxy Tab is neat.

18. MissBin

MissBin Member

I like playing on smartphone (Android OS). It's simple because you can have it with you anywhere you go. But if i am at home i use Galaxy tabs because of the bigger screen.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@rgrimes same here, which is why I prefer to play on a tablet but phones are more portable so it's usually more available for when you really need it like when traveling or waiting in line.

20. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I play on my iPhone 5C. It runs all games amazingly well with no lag whatsoever. Good device for the price!