What do you enjoy the most about GTA VC?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by FuZyOn, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Fit Tony

Fit Tony New Member

The overall feel of VC is what really got me hooked. From the sun reflecting on my monitor to the colors of the surrounding, it did a great job making it feel like it was the 80's. Of course, the songs were real flashbacks. Flash FM, V-Rock and Emotion had songs that made me remember my youth when my older siblings played them on the radio.

2. Capri

Capri New Member

I liked the atmosphere of VC. The 80's feel, the music, the clothes... I was a kid (a bit unfortunate playing GTA, right? :p) first time playing it but I got really hooked up on that period. I even watched all the Miami Vice afterwards ;D It was a bit cringy - extacly how I like it! Anyway, I still listen to music I discovered playing that game!

3. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

I just liked how there was so much "free will" involved in the game. It was a pretty much a "do as you please at your own risk." I love how realistic they made it during this time too because it was like that was one of the games that helped video games in general be on the come-up. Also, the music selection is perfect! Every song that plays, I enjoy it! Especially Fever 105. That's my favorite station! Then, if you knew all of the cheat codes by heart and don't care about playing the game "perfectly" you were the most powerful person in that "world."

4. TheViper

TheViper Member

Like all the GTA games before and after. The way they set it up is that you can still do a lot of things even after beating the story. Plus, who doesn't just love causing destruction.

5. Corten

Corten Member

The atmosphere of the game. You can really feel that Scarface kind of lifestyle shaping up in front of your eyes. You are the one making your way up to the top. It's just amazing, the cars, the characters even the music.

6. rightct

rightct New Member

Tommy Vercetti itself, of course, but I find that in some points of the storyline he's being an unnecessary asshole toward other characters.

Also, the fact that you can swim on water is a plus. :cool:

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The story. It was the first "serious" GTA game and it lived up to the standards.
    It's still worth your time to mess around in the game nowadays if you're bored. It was a good game at the time of the release.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I really love the atmosphere of the city, and how alive it seems, especially for a game made 12 or 13 years ago. I have always loved the color palette of the game, too. It really does look like an exotic city with an active beach and club on one side, and a working city full of high-scrapers on the other side.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

I really enjoyed that mission where you had to fly those RC planes and bomb the boats. That was a really fun mission and, for me, it was the best mission in the game.

I also enjoyed messing around with the Hunter gunship and loved that pure 80's vibe you got when you entered the nightclub.

10. pedroXsantos

pedroXsantos New Member

I have to agree with most users on this thread: the 80s vibe present in Vice City definitely makes playing it worthwhile. We're in 2015, and I still regularly play the game... I loved the whole atmosphere, the soundtrack, the gameplay... everything!

Exactly! It was actually my second GTA experience but it was exponentially better than the time I spent with GTA III.

11. sidney

sidney Member

Don't you think that GTA 3 was quite easy compared to other GTA series? However, the one that I played doesn't have any radio stations in it, since I just downloaded that one. It was quite dull too that the main character doesn't speak at all.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I just liked the whole setting and vibe of Vice City. They did a good job recreating old school Miami in the game. I really like all the missions and storyline.

13. spectre456

spectre456 Member

The characters are the beat part of this game in my opinion. They're all so unique in their own way and that makes them so enjoyable to watch. It's no surprise that a good amount of them make me laugh so hard.

14. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

The game was awesome when it was released, I don't remember the name but I hated the helicopter mission, it was four iron I guess. It was probably one of the very few games at the time which was nice to explore.

15. JusApee

JusApee New Member

The thing I enjoy the most about GTA Vice City is provoking a fire and stealing the firemen truck. I loved making Fire extinguishing missions because they meant easy money which were always welcome. Also, I loved having 6 stars of police coming after me and seeing them try so hard to take me down as I was in a tank.