What do you enjoy the most about GTA VC?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by FuZyOn, Sep 21, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

In my opinion, for a game that has been released over a decade ago, is on par with the newest games storywise. It's still a fun game and if you are bored you can hop on and play.
    What do you like the most about this game?

2. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I love the missions, some of my favorites are: Four Iron, Sir, Yes Sir, and Death Row.

I've played a few other GTA titles (but not some of the newer ones) and didn't like them as much as VC, maybe it's the city, the characters, or just the fact that it's in the 80s, I haven't figured it out.

1 person likes this.
  3. erik120

erik120 New Member

Yes it is definitely the kind of game that even though has a fixed story line, it has such a high replayability rate, its fun, it's mechanics are awesome, controls are awesome and more arcade like instead of the super realistic nowadays games and its even more fun because of that and just generally the feel of the game, the atmosphere, the characters, story everything.

4. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

The storyline was very intriguing. The fact that it was my first GTA makes it a lot interesting as well. Also, the ambience of Vice City was great. The map was well made and is pretty great. The atmosphere of the city is the best, in my opinion.

5. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I like all of the references too. They have Scarface, Miami Vice, etc. It's funny because the 80s were a really interesting time, television shows and music took a new turn and it was exciting.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, this game definitely has an "old" feel to it but it looks very nice at the same time.
    I love the cities in this game, they look pretty cool and well made. The missions are all pretty nice and I love the driving controls in this game!

7. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

The general "mood," really. They did such a good job giving off that 80s vibe, with all the neon and crazy dress styles displayed,m you can really tell they did their research.

8. Rowe992

Rowe992 New Member

Well looking at today's game you got to appreciate GAT vice city for its good graphics and great storyline for its era. The game never gets old and you are never bored to play.

9. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

It's funny how I can overlook the blockey graphics of GTA. Objects aren't too bad, but people's faces look pretty silly:

[​IMG]

I've tried to play other games that are as old as Vice City, but cannot handle how bad the graphics are.

10. Nergaahl

Nergaahl New Member

I like its colors. I don't know, it just looks so fancy and jolly, unlike the other GTAs. It's one of the most colorful games in my opinion. I also like the map very much, and also the cars and the music that fits so good with the whole game. However, I can't say I really liked the storyline.

11. randomdude35

randomdude35 New Member

The thing I like most about Grand Theft Auto Vice City is the fact of being able to actually enter a mall and do as you please. I have never played a video game where you can go inside a mall this. Everytime I buy a new GTA I roam the streets to see what buildings you can actually enter and interact with. I was amazed when I saw that I could actually enter the mall. GTA Vice city seems to be the only GTA series where you can enter a huge establishment like this. Of course with GTA V we have enterable stores and gas stations. But think I would want GTA to enable the most is every house and building to be enterable. If you enter a house there would possibly be a family going about their day and react when they see a stranger just randomly come inside their house. That would be awsome.

1 person likes this.
  12. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

Oh yeah, when I first bought the game I had no idea what you were supposed to do. I'd waste so much time walking around hitting people and exploring. Two hours would fly by and I wouldn't have even completed a mission.

13. pedanticGal

pedanticGal New Member

I like the simplicity of the game. For a kid like me before, game that is simple captures my heart. You can do everything in it like riding vehicles and stealing money that you can't do in real life. It's like you are in a different world. I didn't take the game seriously like missions or anything. Before, I don't care to that I just want to ride vehicles.

14. SS42A

SS42A New Member

If you want to steal a Hunter from the military base at Fort Baxter, you have to get rid of all the soldiers. Otherwise they will make sure you don't get to take off in your Hunter as they may have already destroyed it. Also, the mission "Sir, Yes Sir!" is pretty much enjoyable if you can take out the gunner while the convoy brakes for some doughnuts. Anything that involves the military in Vice City is a plus for me, as I already love the game. The Rampages are also one of my favorites as well, as you will take out a number of gang members within the time limit.

15. Valentino

Valentino New Member

My favourite thing by far is Tommy Vercetti. He's my favourite character in the series and I've been hoping to see him return for a long time. The missions are also very memorable too, unlike in some of the other games where you completely forget about a few, even the important ones.

16. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

The rampage by the military base is one of the hardest ones for me. It's the one with the mini gun, and you have to destroy the vehicles within a time limit.

17. lordiro

lordiro New Member

its a
    Yes every body's favorite character is Tommy Vercetti, he would be seen shortly at the other missions keep on playing.

18. Lipsa

Lipsa New Member

When my brother first introduced me to this game, I had a prejudiced opinion that it would be one of those ones that appeal to boys only. However, as I started playing it more frequently, I developed a taste for the game especially the wild characters like Lance, Tommy (the best by far!), the cool vehicles and the helicopter missions. Being able to hit a pedestrian with a police stick no less and get away with it just by changing clothes has its own merits, I suppose.

19. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

What do you mean he will be seen at the other missions? What game are you talking about?

20. sidney

sidney Member

I like Vice City because it has that distinct 80's feel and look, and not to mention that I discovered some nice 80's songs like Keep On Loving You and Your Love while playing that game. It's easy to maneuver too, unlike in GTA San Andreas where it was kinda hard to control CJ when you use a pc. Vice City was also my 1st GTA game, so it's memorable for me.