What Did You Think Of Xperia Play?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah and I'm really disappointed that this is the case. I don't understand it that much but I really was hoping that ps2 would be a lot easier to emulate since everything else is already out for multiple devices.

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

You mean the Xperia phone itself? My friend has one, and it looks pretty nice. But personally I prefer Samsung phones because they feel like they're better in terms of battery power and performance.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I really liked that the phone had a built in controller which I still think is much better than having to carry a separate one, but it seems like the thickness is too much of a trade off.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Xperia Play was probably one of the most promising phones, sadly it didn't live up to its hype. Interesting concept but the phone was downright awful to use, didn't enjoy it.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You owned one before? Care to say what exactly were your problems with it? For me it looks like the thickness would be the only part I'd really mind and of course the specs would be outdated by now.

6. Arvis

Arvis Member

I think it's overrated and over advertised. It's a smartphone not a mainstream portable gaming console. It will never have loads of fun games (except the casual games on the Google Play store) and Android market is way too saturated to have exclusive games for Xperia Play,

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I have only used it once or twice and it was for a very brief time, but I have to say that I thought it was pretty impressive when it came to the game play. That said, though, I have heard a lot of negative things about it from others who have owned one, and it was mostly with the things that tend to come with owning something for some time, so I do put some stock in what they have to say. I would definitely have to do some more research before looking into them a little more.

8. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I never used it before, in my opinion it was a pretty big flop.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

True. I think because it was not technically a Sony product it had less of a chance of being pushed the right way and instead the system for it was mostly just patches of everything and forcing the phone to be all in one kind of hurt it in the long run.