What did you like the most about Vice City?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by rightct, Apr 30, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct New Member

For me, it was the plot. Very ingenious and attractive, probably even better than all its successors beside GTA V. The only remark I've got to make though, is that the last mission could've been either replaced or made a little bit differently; I didn't like it at all.
    The cheat codes were also good, haha. Driving at the surface of water was insane, haha, but sadly we couldn't see it in the further games. :(
    What is your favorite experience? :p

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I would have to say that the missions were my favorite. They were pretty unique in a way. They were quite simple to finish, but it was at the same time challenging enough to make it entertaining.

3. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I liked how the game felt like you were playing as Tommy and how it felt like Scarface and you are fightting against everyone to stay one top as well. The city was nice to explore also the fast cars as well and running away from the cops and using the tank to use as a sheild when taking on gangs was a good thing in the game. The final misson felt like the end of Scarface only that in this case Sonny and Lance betray you and you have to take them out Scarface style which was great.

4. Thok

Thok New Member

I have to go with the music. 80s music is totally a guilty pleasure of mine. It really helped set the mood of the game. Before that GTA3 was really the only game like that but it lacked character. Vice City got me interested in the story and the period music made that happen.

5. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I liked how ridiculously funny it was. All the GTA games have their share of dumb humor, but Vice City took it over the top, and I love it for that.

6. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I think what I liked the most about it is its simplicity. It wasn't as big as San Adreas and GTA IV. I thought the game felt more like one of those old style console video games. I loved the old cars as well and different types of missions. I love how some bugs are ridiculously funny.

7. Corten

Corten Member

I've mentioned this a few times already, but the atmosphere. It gave back so well that 80s Miami, that you almost felt that you are Scarface. I loved every moment of that game. Okay, save for the RC helicopter mission.

8. Aladar

Aladar New Member

The atmosphere. It really captured the 80s cop/crime drama shows and movies SO well. I mean, I think there wasn't a bad thing about the game - at least not one that I can immediately remember (well okay, that cursed RC helicopter mission!), but the atmosphere.. it was just spot on.

9. TheViper

TheViper Member

Well, I felt like the ending could have been more complicated in terms of what you had to do. You literally just had to kill everyone and then it was over. Would have loved for their to be like little kind of puzzle ending what you had to do more than just kill.

10. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I like Ken Rosenberg's extremely talkative nature. He always looks like he's got OCD as a result of his restlessness. I recall Tommy once telling Ken that he is Tommy's lawyer, not his interior decorator.

11. rightct

rightct New Member

Yeah, well, who wouldn't have liked that? But the game was just preset for it to happen this way. All the storyline was about killing. I only liked the "extra curricular" atmosphere. :)

12. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

I loved everything. The storyline, the missions, the music, the cars, the slick comments Tommy Vercetti would make when he's irritated, the Malibu Nightclub, that northpoint mall, the way you can get a hooker in your car and get it on, just EVERYTHING! LMAO

13. pedaltothemetal

pedaltothemetal New Member

The obscure secrets such as the room with the literal easter egg in it. More specifically, one secret I enjoyed messing around with was shooting the moon with my sniper rifle. If you do so, the moon will enlarge in size. However, if you shoot it too much it will shrink back to its original size. The reason these little tid-bits really add to the experience is because they require player skill to find.

14. sidney

sidney Member

This was my 1st GTA game ever, so it holds a special place in my heart. I loved everything in this game, the ambiance, the missions, the soundtrack, etc. I remember really being engrossed playing this game and I always looked forward to coming home and playing this game as I relax. I think my favorite experience was when I finally got to finish the "Dildo Dodo" mission after re-trying it for 6 months. It felt very fulfilling!

15. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

One of my favorite parts was Ray Liotta's voice acting. He has such a distinct voice that it was awesome to hear it in a video game. Also I had hours of fun jumping out of moving cars.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I really liked the setting of 80s Miami during the whole coke era. It reminded me of scarface and I got a good sense of what it was like then. As always in GTA, the missions were really fun to play.

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

GTA does a good job overall in most of there games with missions. The missions are usually just challenging enough where it isn't too easy, but it isn't impossibly hard. There are a couple of missions that are borderline impossible, but are doable.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It's expected for a PS2 era game, so I don't hold the simplicity against it. For the capability of that console, it was a really immersive game. The old school cars were great.

19. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I was always looking for a Turismo in GTA Vice City. Anyone else realized that after you find a rare car, everyone else seems to have it?! I mean, you can barely see a Turismo in both GTA Vice City or San Andreas, but after you finally get one, you can see it a lot more in traffic.

20. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I liked everything in GTA Vice City,when I played it for the first time.Soundtracks,Radio stations,graphics,gangs and all the missions in it were really awesome and addictive.All the missions were very interesting and challenging in it.The atmosphere in the game was very catchy and heart touching.