What countries have you traveled to?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tamika, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Tamika

Tamika New Member

What countries have you traveled to? Which country is your favorite?

2. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Sweden, France and Canada.

3. RolsonBlue

RolsonBlue New Member

When I was in my early twenties, I thought that travelling was a really important part of life, and I saw a lot of cool places. I was lucky that I had a little bit of spare money for holidays, but I wasn't rich. Most of my friends had a little bit of money, but they would waste it (at least in my opinion), buying things like clothes and spending ridiculous amounts on drunk nights out. I saved my money carefully and I was able to go on a couple of trips a year.

Some people in their gap year or after they finish college will go on a long trip taking in several countries, travelling from country to country and spending many months away from home. For me it was simpler. I would get a plane to some random country, and then return straight back home after two weeks.

My favourite country was Japan. It's really expensive but it's worth it. Sometimes people get envious of me because I have been to Japan, but I paid for it, so I made that sacrifice. Of course, some people even go and live there, which is probably awesome. I have never had that opportunity. I also wanted to go and live in South Korea, but now I have a partner and committments at home, so it looks less likely to happen anytime soon.

Nowadays I just take vacations to somewhere convenient. Seeing as I live in England, I often go to Spain, because flights are usually less than $200 return. To someone in the USA or Australia, Spain might seem exotic, but of course people in those countries have options that would be cheap for them and expensive for me, for example I would really enjoy going to California or Thailand, but those places are very expensive for me to get to, although it might be inexpensive for someone in the USA or Australia respectively.

4. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

Wow, that sounds quite interesting. Mind to share some interesting stories?

5. RolsonBlue

RolsonBlue New Member

Well the interesting things about being in Japan tend to be a thousand small things, rather than any major differences in culture. Everywhere is so quiet in Japan - people doze off on the trains. In my country (UK) people don't often go to sleep on the trains because someone would probably steal their bag or put chewing gum in their hair or something. Sometimes people on Japanese trains close their eyes and pretend to be asleep so that nobody bothers them, too.

In one suburb in Japan there were little streams running along the pavement (sidewalk) with little fish in them. For an urban area, I thought that was wonderful. Also I had never seen flying fish before, and there were flying fish in the river by the international youth hostel in Osaka.

There are baseball games everywhere, baseball seems to be very popular there. There are vending machines everywhere. If you have a little stretch of property lying onto the road, you can buy a vending machine and put it there, I believe. They don't get vandalised.

I was only there for two weeks and I am not an expert on Japan by any means, but the experience was huge fun.

6. Scottf14

Scottf14 New Member

I went many places while I was in the army. I spent some time in Japan on leave once, for instance. Mostly I have been to Mexico and Canada. The United States is pretty much 50 smaller countries that have formed a union, like Voltron but without cool flaming swords and robot lions. We have hunter-seeker robot dogs now, though. They are totally a thing and one of them runs faster than a cheetah.

7. Nub_Cannon

Nub_Cannon New Member

I've been to America, most of the Caribbean, Italy, Spain, Greece, France and England . I would say Italy was my favorite place, loved the food, culture and weather.

8. Rob

Rob New Member

I've only traveled to Jamaica and America so far, my favorite of the 2 is Jamaica. I plan on doing a lot more traveling though. I wanna go all over the world.

9. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

You people are lucky I have never been to another country, but I would one day go to Japan, Mexico, and Africa!

10. thrillsim

thrillsim New Member

I live in the states. I've only been to Canada and the Cayman Islands. That's it so far. I'd love to see Europe, especially France.

11. Berthfield

Berthfield New Member

I am from JA, sadly I have not been able to travel off the island as yet. It is my intention to get to japan some day, I have read so much about their way of life and I love it.

12. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

That's nice! I always wanted to go to Japan, but I don't know the language and the tickets I bet are so expensive :( I've been to most of Europe and Egypt and Israel. When I was small I went to Thailand with my family. Other then that I don't think I've went to any other country. I really wanna visit US tho.

13. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

I currently live in Canada, immigrated from China several years after I was born. I've had the privilege to travel to the Caribbean Islands on a cruise, so countries such as Jamaica, Haiti, Grand Cayman Islands, part of Mexico, and other small places, I've been to. Other than that, it's not much. I wish to go to Europe and Japan in the future though.

14. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

I've been to Canada, US, Mexico, Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Dominican, and lots across europe. I'm headed to Prague tomorrow for the first time.

15. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

I'm rather lucky because I've got family in a lot of countries around the world. I live in the UK, so I've been to the obvious countries like Scotland and France. I've also been to Italy, Belgium, and The Netherlands. I've been lucky enough to also visit the USA and Peru.

16. pristine

pristine New Member

I only travelled to Mexcio. That's about it. We don't really travel anywhere (maybe except stuff in our state but that's it). One day, I will travel the world and go to places where I always dreamt of :p.

17. Rand paul

Rand paul Member

Im from Ireland but I love going to the usa.
    My favourite state is Texas.

18. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

Only the United States where I live. I'm to scared to go to any other country...

19. sidney

sidney Member

I have not been to any foreign country yet, so when the time comes that I have money to spare, I will travel to the US and UK first.

20. gadgetised

gadgetised New Member

I have only traveled to Asian countries and my home country Australia. I can't wait to get to Europe and America. So much traveling to do still.