What console offers the best racing games

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

The PS2 was the console I first tried Midnight Club on. I love that game. It's a shame that Rockstar doesn't make Midnight Club anymore. Then again, they're putting even better racing elements into the GTA series.

2. peelout247

peelout247 Member

It seems that X - Box has the upper hand here which is very surprising considering what Sony's consoles are made of. But that seems like it will change now with most titles looking to move over to PS4 now based on the turn out of the recent xbox slim release. For now tho it will have to go to Microsoft with them owning the top racing game in the market.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It pretty much comes down to a choice between Forza (Xbox) and Gran Turismo(PlayStation). Forza is the better game for me but you'll have to try them out for yourself to see what's better. In general PlayStation has the better games though.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never got to play midnight club completely but I did get to sample it a bit on the PSP and it was kind of fun though very challenging from what I got to try out. I like other racing games a bit more but I would agree that the ps2 was a great system for racing games.

5. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

I'd go with PS4 right now, the games coming out especially Tourismo sport are way better than Forza.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well the first that came to my mind here was the controllers, and I have always had a thing for the X Box here. In general, though, I have always liked Playstation more, so I am kind of just in this weird position where I want to switch and combine them, but of course I cannot do that. That said, though, I would say that the controllers matter a lot in the racing games, so I would have to say X Box here too, but I can certainly see where some people would disagree. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

7. Japhy

Japhy New Member

Received an xbox One for Christmas this year. Haven't played any games on a console since the release of the original Nintendo Entertainment system (~28yrs. ago). With no clue what games to try out for the xbox, I picked up Forza Motorsport 6 and have been having a blast with it. We grabbed a few other games (that aren't racing games) shortly after but to be honest I haven't spent more than 10mins. on them. Splitscreen racing has been a blast - - battling it out vs. the wife, having the son-in-law & his girlfriend coming over & racing them too. So we've been now trying to find other racing games we might like but have discovered that splitscreen games are not easy to find these days. We picked up Forza5 but were disappointed as it seems like a mini version of 6 but not as good either. We have Horizon 3 but much prefer motorsport 6. Today I purchased 'Project Cars' & 'The Crew' (haven't tried them out yet) but am hoping to find others and joined here today in hopes of finding out more about what others like. So what should I seek out next? (I prefer something that feels somewhat realistic... a decent simulated experience). My wife has also been looking for 'Dirt 3' as she heard it was good & is able to be played in splitscreen mode. She can't find it anywhere. Today we received Dirt showdown in the mail & after trying to play it for ~10mins. I know I won't be playing it again (it was terrible compared with Forza m-sport 6 imo). Is Dirt Rally better than Dirt3? Can it be played splitscreen? thanks for your help!
    (NEW & HOOKED!!!!)

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

For a couple of different reasons I have always preferred the racing games on the Playstation consoles. I think that most of it is because of the controllers, but for some other reason I do think that the graphics seem a little sharper.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I think the Playstation is the better console for racing games soelyl because of Driveclub. As good as Forza is I just don't rate it as much as Driveclub. Driveclub has the better graphics and the rain is just a winner for me. I also find the controller for the PS a lot easier for racing games compared to the XBox controller

10. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Just get a pc. Just kidding. its not for everyone get a ps4 if you like exclusives or Xbox if you use media alot. I have all 3 of the above and I have to say the PlayStation has the best exclusives in my own opinion

11. Athanas

Athanas Member

Hard to pick the best. They all seem nice.

12. serbog

serbog New Member

I think playing on PC is best. You can have the best graphics with 60+ FPS, and you can plug in any kind of controller to a PC, even a driving wheel which is nice. For about the same price you can get better hardware on PC and the best experience you can imagine.

13. overcast

overcast Member

I think both XBox and PS have the good games. You can see that both of these platforms get the racing games. And I don't know if any game is exclusive to the console of specific brand. Most of them are open to all consoles from what I have seen.