What console do you play SA on?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Racer X, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Racer X

Racer X Member

I never owned GTA SA for PS2. Didn't even have a PS2, lol. I first got the game from the Xbox Live Arcade. I downloaded it and played it for my 360.

Did I miss out on what the PS2 version had to offer? Or was it exactly the same?

What console did/do you play it on?

2. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I still have the game on PS2 and PC I only play it on my PC though because my PS2 motherboard has a short.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I had the game on PS2 but now I play it on PC because of the large quantity of quality mods that are available for it.

4. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

PC, my son. PC.

5. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

I first played it on the PS2, buying it the day that it came out. But since then I bought it for PC and now mainly play on that. I bought it for PC so I could work on modding, but now it's pretty much just for online mode.

6. Ashwin Rangarajan

Ashwin Rangarajan New Member

I did play it on my old PS2 for a while but then settled with PC later. I somehow felt more comfortable playing SA on PC than any other console!

7. CelTek

CelTek Member

PC. I'm still not convinced on FPS on consoles.

8. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

I play it on PC. I'm used to WASD, have a gaming PC, and it's easier for me.

9. ChristosR

ChristosR New Member

The first time i played SA was on my pc. And since then i have always been playing it on my pc! It's better because there is even this multiplayer mod called SAMP and there are thousands of players. There are even servers with 800-1000 players online.

10. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

When I first had my experience playing this game, it was on Xbox. The graphics were pretty good for an older console. When I had finally got myself Xbox 360, I was super excited to go and purchase this game again! I was shocked by how much a console can make the games graphics look so much better. I already knew I loved playing this game, but the graphics were that much better compared to the regular Xbox console, which made it more fun and enjoyable to play.

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have always preferred to play it on PC. I have the game for the PS2 as well, but have never touched it. I like to play this game with mods.

12. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

Console? PC is not a console, so I'm not sure why you asked what console you played on. A better thread title could have been what platform we play on, not what console. PC because mods. Lots and LOTS of mods, graphical ones, additional content and missions, anything you can think of.

13. nicotta

nicotta Member

Same here I only got it for my 360 but played it at my friends house on ps2.

14. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

PC like most people here. Never got it for a console.

15. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I play it on PS2 and my boyfriend plays it on his Mac. I like some of the feature and some of the cheat codes on the Mac, but I do love the gameplay on the PS2 because I love using the joystick instead of my keyboard.

16. Solar

Solar Member

I played it on PS2 but if I were to play it again now I would get a PC version for cheap.

17. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

I first played it on my PS2 that I had in my birthday. :) Now I play it on PC due to multiplayer version but I can't forget about the epic times in-front of my PS2 playing GTA SA all day.

18. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

PC all the way. It has better graphics and all the crazy mods and cheats. Tried playing it the other day, the graphics were too dated for me to enjoy :(. Such a shame because this was one of my favorite games of all time.

19. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

I started out playing on PS2, and I have a fond appreciation for the PS2 (my favorite gaming system of all time), but you're really missing out if you're not playing it on PC. better FPS, better resolution, and tons of mods.

20. Chaos

Chaos Member

I played the game on PC because it was released immediately after the console one. I don't like playing games on consoles like PS or Xbox because I can't control the character, and it's very frustration to use the gamepad to move, a mouse is 100 times better for me.