What Camera View Do You Prefer

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by spence88, Apr 13, 2016.

1. krnd

krnd Member

I love first person camera because it adds some more complexity to the game and you can feel better once you've done some progress in it, it is the closest to a VR racing game you can get right now!

2. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I always found first person to feel really weird. It's really difficult to get a good sense of where you are on the track. VR will definitely change that as you can just turn your head and look out the window or behind and get a better sense of you place on the track.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

This is exactly how I feel about first person. It is just tough to see blind spots, especially when you are so used to playing third person and being able to see the sides and front simultaneously. You also get a better feel of going into turns when you are in 3rd person compared to first person.

4. Sworden

Sworden Member

Before I started playing simulator racing games, I preferred both third person and bumper view (shudder), but after playing a decent bit of Forza 5... I just can't play in anything other than cockpit view.

Especially after trying out some of the faster formula cars, it's just a really surreal experience, seeing the wind fly by you and slowly losing more and more control the faster you go.

It was pretty freaky the first time I played a car that fast.

5. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

I prefer driving with the wheel camera. It feels like I’m driving in real life. But, real life driving kinda sucks. Everybody goes the same speed. It is just boring. Catching the bus is more entertaining then driving. Driving is fun for dates but that’s really it.

6. Sworden

Sworden Member

Eh, driving in real life can be exciting, you just need to make it so. Make some reasonably sharp turns, go faster than you normally do, etc.

But yeah, doing the crazy driving that you can only do in video games, and getting slightly nudged makes you get anxious. Seriously though, there were times where even the slightest hit to me would actually make me feel as if I got hit driving in real life.