What about simulation games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by davis, Oct 10, 2013.

1. davis

davis Active Member

Do you guys play iRacing, Project CARS or RaceRoom Racing Experience? I heard some good things about them but I haven't tried any.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Raceroom caught my attention a while back but the terrible Metacritic score put me off. I haven't looked into the other two.

3. dailypost1

dailypost1 Member

Many years ago RaceRoom used to top online gaming, but nowadays it seems to have died down. Maybe I haven't tried them in years.

4. barneyjustice

barneyjustice New Member

Simulation games create a whole new world to explore, one that is virtually realistic. They represent a virtual environment, with virtual characters having interesting and life-like interactions between the various components of a virtual world.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I want to try racing games especially if I have the rig to go along with it but unfortunately they look expensive so I don't even bother. I don't think I'd play it for that long anyway because I'm more into arcade type racing.

6. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I have played a few simulation games online and thought that they were fun, but I d't like to play them for a long time. I'd rather just stick to my classic racing games.

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I've never liked simulations games. IMHO they aren't as fun as arcade-style racing games. But that doesn't mean that I never play simulation games. I do. Only occasionally. I've played rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa but didn't like them much.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I find them a little boring because it's kind of like just driving a car in real life only faster. I do understand the appeal though but it's just that it has never clicked with me as much as more outrageous types of racers have.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

I played the first rFactor and really loved it. I liked the customisation of it and where you had to race to earn points to unlock more options for your car, but also had an option to change a setting in the config file so you had everything unlock. Best of both worlds and it appealed to both sorts of player.

It's sort of sad the direction they went with the second game though...

10. RaceFan

RaceFan New Member

Assetto Corsa - by far the most purist form of sim game. also coming to console this year with claims of not losing its real-feel.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Project: Cars is a really fun and interesting game, definitely recommend it for the fans of the genre! I play it daily.

12. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'd agree on Project CARS.

I've got it on the Xbone and I really enjoy playing it. The cars look great, the racing is good and my favourite parts about it is it has changeable weather, changeable daylight conditions and also has endurance racing. The endurance racing is a massive draw for me. Last time I played I did the GT3 6 hours of Monza race. Now that was great.

13. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Among all of the game you referred, 'Project CARS' is best of them (in my opinion). I bought this game few months ago and I was amazed by the graphics. The background music of the game is really addictive. I would highly recommend this racing game to you and I guarantee that you will be impressed by the game.

14. Potausen

Potausen Member

I'm a big fan of rally games. Richard Burns Rally was on the top for many years with a huge community behind it, constantly updating it. But recently DiRT Rally has been the main contender for best rally simulation game and I love it. It's what the community has wanted for years and it was a Steam Greenlight success. If you're into rallying, you should definitely check it out.

15. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Haven't heard of these games before but I hope they do become successful releases when they do come out! The more simulation games being released, the merrier haha!

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I've never heard of any of these games. What consoles are these games available for? I'm wondering how they compare to Grand Turismo, since GT is the standard for me when it comes to realistic driving simulators.

17. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I have never heard about those games before, however I will try RAceRoom, it somehow catched my attention.

18. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I don't like simulation games because they take too long. My boyfriend loves them and I don't. I get so bored just watching him customize everything and I just want to get with it and play already. I just want some action and I don't care about hair color or building things. I guess it's not my type of game.

19. GenevB

GenevB Member

All these seems to have died out over time, probably because they weren't good enough. However I used to play NFS online or something like that back in the days, I remember all the hype over it, but for some reason it was closed at some point, that was really a shame as the game seemed to be very popular.

20. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think most of the games I play have a balance between arcade and simulation. I've been planning on getting Asetto Corsa to delve more into the simulation side of things, so hopefully it's as good as it looks.