Was LCS your first GTA?

Discussion in 'GTA Liberty City Stories' started by tomorrowdreamking, Jun 8, 2015.

1. tomorrowdreamking

tomorrowdreamking New Member

I've been playing thriugh GTA III recently and was wondering what it'd be like to have this LC feel like the original LC. My first GTA was LCS and I associate III era LC with LCS, and I still feel that way. Having the ferry and a brighter color palette makes LC better in LCS imo. I also feel like Toni is more "LC" when compared to Claude. He talked, and caused damage in the city that carried over, plus he survived and stayed in Liberty City after Sal's death.

2. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

My first GTA game was San Andreas but I have played LCS and loved it.

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

No, my first GTA was London 1969 on PS1

4. tarverten

tarverten New Member

Nope, I started with III, then VC, SA. Then I went to IV, V, TLaD, TBoGT. Then finally I bought LCS and VCS.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

I started with Vice CIty and then after a couple of years after playing SA and III, I played LCS.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

Yep it was, hence why it's my favorite in the series.. I've put more hours into it than any other game in the series (despite me having over 300 hours on GTA V, and 500+ on San Andreas).

Toni was a great character as well, certainly not the best but he's not forgettable.

7. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Yep! For me, I got mine at Walmart. It looked cool so I picked it up.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

No, I started out with GTA 2 back when a cousin of mine gave me his CD. I then got GTA 3 and Vice City, and only afterwards I picked up a PSP and Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. Pretty fun series. :)

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

No, I've been a GTA player right from the very first game on the PS1 and I think I've played them all upto now, and long may rockstar keep making them. I'm not sure when the new one is coming out, or even if there is one, but it's been a couple of years now since GTA V so we must be due a new one soon?

10. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Nah, Vice City was my first. I put a lot of time in SA and IV, though.

11. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

My first game was Grand Theft Auto Vice City and you played as Tommy, who was the main guy, and a guy who was betrayed and has to fight back against everyone to survive. This Liberty City game felt a bit darker and also some missions were easy, and some could be hard at times but was an alright game to play at times. I played Grand theft auto San Andreas a year later at a mate's house, and was a nice game and had a betrayal theme in the game and could eat and swim as well.

12. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

It was my second game, first being San Andreas. It really wasn't that bad, but I really thought it was incredibly short. Compared to San Andreas, LCS was more of just Los Santos, and I mean it's just a side game, not a major game in the series, but still, it was just filled with side quests and collectibles to prolong the game. The main story wasn't very difficult, and it was pretty predictable, really. All in all, I wouldn't recommend it to a new GTA player. Maybe it's for a veteran player who knows the characters. But as far as content goes, it was really lacking.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

To be fair though, I think you could have put most games up against GTA SA though and they would have been a lot smaller and lacking.

Liberty City Stories is no exception, and while it was a decent game in its own right, it couldn't compete with San Andreas.

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

My first GTA was 3 and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't a big fan of Liberty City stories though. For some reason I just couldn't get into it and stopped playing it.

15. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Yes, for me it actually was! It must have been my second or third game that I got for the PS2, back when I was oblivious to the existence of any other GTA's. I think the premise of an open world game, (something I never knew existed as I was completely new to gaming) brought my attention to Liberty City Stories and it was (for then) an amazing game that had me playing for hours every day.

After that I got San Andreas, then Vice City Stories, Vice City and so it went. I didn't really choose them but rather bought whichever one I saw first on the shelves. What I loved most about LCS was the unique feel it had. It was different to the other GTA's and in a good way. I loved the music and my only gripe with it was the difficulty. Due to me being new to gaming, I didn't exactly get very far and couldn't even finish the Staunton Island missions with cheat codes.

16. Haroon

Haroon New Member

No, my first GTA was GTA Vice city.I played GTA vice city on PC for the first time in my life.I liked everything in the game and I was totally addicted to this game from that day.I really enjoyed this incredible game when I played it for the first time.

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

As for myself i couldn't enjoy Vice City as much as SA.

18. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I never really notice too many of the details like that but it seems that you know what you like. It would be nice to combine the good of each.

19. sidney

sidney Member

My 1st GTA was GTA Vice City, I loved the game immensely so I downloaded other versions.

20. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I didn't play it much in comparison to S