Using cheats.

Discussion in 'MXGP' started by SirJoe, Jun 30, 2016.

1. misterx1213

misterx1213 Member

Nope, I don't use cheats when I play.

I think cheats really take a lot of the experience out of a game. The most fun part for me is getting past a part in a certain game that I repeatedly failed at. Finally mastering something that I've been practicing for hours, or even days, is an incomparable feeling. As a matter of fact, it's probably one of the biggest reason I adore video games.

Like most other people in this thread, I will play a game with cheats from time to time. These times are usually with friends, and they usually end up with us just messing around and trying to find wacky scenarios that wouldn't be possible otherwise. When I'm alone, I'll usually hop into Skyrim, or some other game that I've already finished, and use cheats there, purely because I know it wont detract from the game since the main story is already finished.

I highly suggest you finish the game completely before using cheats. I definitely think that accomplishing things in games yourself is much more fun doing it legit than with cheats.

2. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Fact is there are fewer cheat codes for games these days. So finding cheat codes for newly released games can be quite a hassle. Eventually maybe there'll be no more cheat codes and as more games continue focusing on enhancing the gaming experience for those who play the games online, they must do everything to make sure no players have advantage over others because they are using cheats.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I can certainly remember using a pen and a scrap of paper to write down all the cheats to the games in the past when I did end up having to use them. Then I'd always try and make sure that I kept that bit of paper inside the box so I wouldn't lose it.

Of course I often did so I'd end up having to write them all out again. To be honest I think I spent more time writing out the cheats than what I actually did using them!

4. iRoxas

iRoxas New Member

Eh, I only use cheats for single player mode. I don't really like exploiting games in multiplayer since it just takes the fun out of it and then you also ruin the other player's view of the game. I had fun with cheats on so many games when I was younger because I had one of those cheat books which were super thick and had a bunch of games in it.

5. TheJanko

TheJanko New Member

I use cheats if I've already completed the game, and I am in dire need help. However, I do use them if I get bored, and tend to play around with them to see what is possible in the game. Games like GTA V are fun to use cheats with, as they can be used to obtain items that are out of reach and can provide quite an exciting experience.

6. GonzoBoy

GonzoBoy New Member

No, for the most part. I am the same as you, Sirjoe. I would rather master the game. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, and actually irritates me when I can't figure something out. Cheating feels like, well cheating. ;) But yes, after I have pretty much played it out, then sometimes I'll look to see what I've missed.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I remember that when I was a kid growing up, we used to think we was 'cool' if we had cheats for a game, and especially if they was cheats or hacks that we had found ourselves that nobody else was aware of yet. I guess it shows that as you grow older and times change, so do your priorities and now it's more important to get value money from a game rather than just being able to complete it as fast as you can for bragging rights.

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I have played games before and after reaching the end and finding out that I missed out on most of the game I decided to take on this approach. I end having double the enjoyment.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I started taking cheats more seriously after spending three days on a game and not being able to jump level. After going through the manual I couldn't believe I had missed out on so much. So now I will play to the end then use a cheat book to play again and get all the bonuses and Easter eggs. I find that I end up enjoying the game even more.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Playing a game without help, and then playing it again with the cheats you do tend to find a lot of things that you missed the first time. Maybe that isn't so much with racing games but it is with other genre's I have noticed in the past.

With racing games I've not really found that the cheats make all that much of a difference and once you have unlocked all the cars and the tracks, there isn't that much more that a cheat can do.

SirJoe likes this.
  11. Sosi

Sosi Member

I am a big cheater guys! and I always cheating! don't care

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Saying your a cheat though I think brings up an interesting question, and even though they are called cheats, does that actually mean you are a cheat or are you just making the most of the help that's available out there to you?

When I've used cheats in the past I have considered myself a cheat as such, just somebody that's exploring new and different ways of playing the game.

13. NormaD

NormaD Member

As a newbie to the game, it can get quite frustrating when I don't know how to navigate a specific circumstance, and that is when the cheats can come in handy. I know that as I get more familiar with the game I will use them less and eventually not at all until after the game is finished.

14. likeandba

likeandba Member

That's the right fact. Most of the cheats should match with the niche of the game and if the niche is matched with the type of cheat code, it works perfectly and it is more enjoyable.

15. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. They shouldn't be called cheats but rather helps. They can really help you experience the whole game.

16. Sosi

Sosi Member

I want to find some new cheats. Any thoughts?

17. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 New Member

It depends on the game if I will use cheats or not. As with other posters if I get stuck for a very long time I may cheat. After I beat a game I will definitely use cheat codes as this adds another layer to the game in some cases. Does anyone know any cheats for MXGP2?

18. krnd

krnd Member

I'm all for the use of cheats if it's solely for fun and I've already got done with the progression in that stage of the game, for example in GTA the game was fun without the cheats, but after getting something done with the use of cheats you can expand on that fun!

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

Well at least you admitted it. There are a lot of people that cheat but won't admit to it. Like I have said before I like to take the game to the end with using cheats and will use them afterwards just in case I missed something.

20. Casiox

Casiox Member

I do notreally like doing so, I would feel like I would be destroying and damaging the whole game experience and all about it, it's just wrong to do it. People who do that should be punished, for real.