Twitch has forbidden San Andreas streaming

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by GlacialDoom, May 29, 2015.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Twitch has recently forbidden San Andreas and other Adult-Only game streaming on their site. I think that this is extremely shortsighted of them, and while I can see the reason behind this (many children watching Twitch, in fact I think that the children are the majority of Twitch visitors), I believe that this is too extreme of a decision, and that they could've just added an age restriction of some sort. Sure, those aren't that useful, but at least they would've shown they care.

What is your opinion on this matter?

2. duckvader

duckvader New Member

what!? I've seen games like Rust (features full on male nudity) and Dayz being played in there. This is silly don't they have an 18 or older option or something for this? I agree this is an extreme decision but what can you do. They will most likely revert that decision after community outcry. They need the money.

3. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

This banning of AO games was in retaliation of the release of a game called Hatred (look it up if you want to see gameplay.)
    Simply put, anything rated as AO (Most recent games that come to mind are Manhunt, SA, and Hatred) are not allowed to be streamed. I believe it's to simply blacklist Hatred, SA and Manhunt are simply collateral.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't think this is an appropriate decision, especially since games like Mortal Kombat X or DayZ are still allowed to be streamed on the site. They'd probably revert this change in the near future.

5. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I don't understand the need for them to ban all adult games from being streamed just because most of the twitch viewers are kids. They have a 18+ age option for a reason, streamers can turn that on so people under 18 cannot watch the stream. Even though it probably wouldn't help since the kids would most likely lie about their age anyway.

6. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I reckon it will affect the USA channels and if it is rated Adults only then, will not be allowed and maybe they have checked and noticed that children are watching some videos not suitable for them. The company must be able to see the ip address and trace it and may have seen children lying about the age when they are not 18 and over which can happen sometimes and should set a different side for 18 and over watchers and for the younger ones. I think that maybe in the future may make some changes so these videos can be watched and at present the ban will happen which is sad.

7. rightct

rightct New Member

What the... why would they do that? I know that the game is quite old, but really now... it's not like it would be the worst out there. I'd take SAN ANDREAS OVER CS:GO ANY TIME.

8. SeereneAngel88

SeereneAngel88 New Member

I don't see the point of them doing it but it doesn't really affect me too much. It's a good thing I held on to my old copy and PS2 so I can play it whenever I want. Still, it's rather silly to ban it when there are games worse than this and are being shown.

9. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

I really don't understand why. The game is violent but so are a ton of other games (call of duty). They'd have to ban almost all the games that are on there in order for them not to look hypocritical.

10. sidney

sidney Member

That is quite an odd decision on their part, because aside from the loss of profits, they also still allow other violent games to be streamed. So if they chose to implement that, then fine. It doesn't make sense to me at all in my opinion.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

That is really silly. GTA is one of the most popular games ever. They should just put a viewer discretion warning for those channels playing those game.

12. JusApee

JusApee New Member

This is ridiculous. They made a really bad decision, giving the variety of violent games. I don't get why San Andreas gets banned while GTA V and the others don't. What does San Andreas over GTA V? Violence? I don't think San Andreas is more violent than GTA V, honestly. Shame on Twitch.

13. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It really sucks that they have to resort to this, but you can't really blame them for certain decisions. At the end of the day they're just a business and don't want negative criticism because of an oversight. Hopefully they find a different way to address the problem other than just outright banning some great games.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

GTA is violent, yes, but it's up to the parents to grant supervision to their kids. Parents should stop blaming everyone else for being terrible parents. It ruins the fun for everyone. All they do is complain about video games, television, movies; but nobody really mentions that they ALLOW their kids to watch and play all those, even though those movies and games have an adult rating in them. It just breeds a generation of spoiled children and parents who blame their faults on everyone but themselves.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Prohibition generally doesn't work. Banning it will only make it more likely kids will seek it out for that reason. If twitch isn't going to stream it, there will be another site that does stream it. Kids will just go there to see it.

16. Bravosi

Bravosi Member

I actually didn't know that. Can't understand why because it doesn't make any sense...

17. maestro

maestro Member

I guess a tree falls where it's leaning huh?
    And in this case with the whiners!

18. Hova

Hova Member

Aren't the parents the ones to blame?
    I know it sucks but it is the truth.