Try before you buy?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by TheAspertarian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Wow, I wish they had this feature for iOS. That would be extremely useful!

2. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

If I am really excited about the game I just buy it without even bothering about trying a trail version,
    but if I have any doubts I read reviews and usually download a trail version just to be sure that I won't
    be wasting my money on the game.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I did not know this as well and I think that is the fairest way to go about it. I'd love to be able to test out some apps on the iTunes Store instead of just having to rely on online reviews and videos.

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I agree. Trying out a game before you buy it is a good idea! But sometimes it's fun to just expect a surprise from a game that you buy. Whether it's fun or not, it's still fun to be surprised!

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It depends. If I am confident that a particular game is going to be great no matter what, I am going to buy it before trying it. I will try the game before buying in any other case unless it's not an option.

6. MrMoose

MrMoose New Member

Trial. I'm very frugal with my money so it takes me a lot to actually spend money. It also takes me a lot to even spend $5 on micro transactions.

If a game does not have a trial version, I simply do not buy :/

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I usually try the games before I try them (I get the trail mode) especially if the game is expensive (I never download games from torrents because of copyrights). Once I bought GTA V before even trying the trail mode because I was so excited about the game, and sadly I was really disappointed later on, so I highly recommend trying before buying. :)

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here and it has lead me to pass on some games that I am tempted by. I watch reviews but they aren't often enough for me to make good enough judgment. I'd much rather experience it on my own first before paying.

9. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

I think its only fair if you get to try out a game before money changes hand. A trailer version could also be important for one to be able to decide on the purchase he intends to make.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

There are some games offer trail version. If you like the trial version you can buy the complete game of it. If you don't, then try other free games that you might like.

11. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I would like to be able to try games, but I do not think that there is anywhere you will be able to do that. I think that most of the games that you will get from any app store you will have to buy them before you even get the chance to play them. If you find somewhere you will be able to try them please let me know in this thread.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I prefer it when they do it this way but for some reason some developers prefer to keep the whole thing behind a paywall which I just don't understand since I think it would be much better to let the people try what they are going to pay for especially since it probably wouldn't really cost them much at all to do it.