Try before you buy?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by TheAspertarian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarian New Member

I like to download the trial versions of games before I invest the time, data charges and memory on a game I might hate. Do you guys do the trial or do you just jump right in?

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Do you know any good places that offer trial versions?

3. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

If you are using an Android device, when you purchase an app you have a 15 minute window on the Play Store to get a full refund on your app, no questions asked.

After you've downloaded it, simply go back to the app page on the Play Store and there will be a button next to open with the option to refund.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Valerio and davis like this.
  4. derezzed

derezzed New Member

I don't think there are many options for that in the App Store.

Unless I can get a good look at it on a friend's phone, I generally don't pay for a game without some seriously good word of mouth.

5. Brem

Brem Member

I wish this was done more often, but I really think it's pointless sometimes. These games usually are cheap as it is, so I figure just buy it. Yeah you may waste some cash on a potentially bad game, but at least it was cheap right?

6. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

7. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Member

That's so cool and I had no idea that we had that kind of luxury on the Play Store. Thanks to you, I'll be sure to try out many more apps. Thanks!

8. CelTek

CelTek Member

You only get to refund the app once though. If you decide to buy/try it again, you're stuck with it and will not get a refund. And it's only 15 minutes (it used to be 24 hours back in the day)
    With some big games, 15 minutes isn't even enough to download and install - so use this "trick" carefully ;)

9. RedStreak40

RedStreak40 New Member

I always do the trial first because if I do not enjoy the game later down the path then what is the point of spending my money on it? Usually if there is no trial for the game I want I would look up videos of it, therefore I would be giving the creator of the video a view and I would know if I like the game's mechanics or not, it is a win win scenario and it usually saves me money.

10. Qamra

Qamra Member

Most of the games on windows phones have free trial versions. It's either 15-20 mins gameplay or one mission only unlocked. I think it's worth to try it first because you don't want to pay for something you will hate.

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Most of the games that I have in my mobile device are free games and freemium games. Never really cared about "try before you buy" games... I'm not that into trial versions. It's either free or I buy it outright. :D

Anyway, if you want try before you buy games, I think a lot of hidden object games provide a free trial before you are offered to buy the full game like the G5 Games.

12. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I don't care for trial games because most of them are bad. The games that are good usually don't have a trial version of the game. The trial version don't have a good usage of the time they give you. I recommend getting a lite version of the game. If you enjoy it, then buy the game. It usually works out awesome for me. That's how I decided to get Angry Birds and Where's My Water.

13. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

I've only done this for one game, and that was Ruzzle. I really enjoyed playing the free version and wanted the extra features that the premium version offered. So I ended up buying the game, it was worth it. However, now I just play only the free version of games. I tend not to spend my money on mobile apps but on regular games for consoles.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I usually look at videos online, and I can usually get a good idea if I'm going to like a game or not from there. If I'm bored enough, I might try a game out on trial, but otherwise I'm just not patient enough to do so and prefer to just see a video and make a decision. If the game is expensive, I'd probably want to try it out first, though, but most of the ones I check out are relatively cheap.

15. randee555

randee555 Member

I definitely like trying games before I buy them. A lot of the free games in the play store only give you a certain amount of levels then you have to pay for the rest. I like doing that because it does give you the chance to see if the game is going to be worth you spending money on.

16. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I always try games before I buy them. I also look at all the reviews to make sure it is a good game before I go and purchase it. I hate to purchase games that are not good at all.

17. MissBin

MissBin Member

I totally agree with what msreebaybay said. Reviews are super smart thing to check before purchase. It gives you cons and pros and you can easily decide whether buy the game or not. I also like the idead trying out games first but never did it before so cool thing to see.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here and the problem is that some of them don't offer trials so you are left without much choice. I myself have gotten very curious about some games but was hesitant to pay because I had to pay to test them out and sometimes reviews don't do enough justice.

19. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I preffer knowing what I am about to buy, so a trial version of a game so that you can try it out before you buy it is a very good idea. Whenever I would buy a new game I would probably download the trial version and try it out before I buy it.

20. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Many games offer a trial version for 30 days so you can get a feel for what its like. the problem with trial versions is that they do not give you the complete package so many special features will not be available. Most times when I like the trial version I usually love the real version.