trevor...

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by pwarbi, Apr 12, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

In GTA V, a lot of people say that Trevor is their favourite character, is that the case for you?

In the story mode when Trevor first came up he was fun to play and he certainly does have some psychol logical problems but I found that as the story went in, I wouldn't say the character became boring, it just got a little repetitive for me.

Did anybody else find that the fact he never shuts up was also a little distracting aswell? Especially if you was on a mission where you had to drive for quite a while, his constant chattering got a bit too much sometimes for me.

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

Would you rather have a character that doesn't talk at all?

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Of course not. Maybe somewhere in between though? One that shuts up every so often would be better!

Don't get me wrong, I like the characters, I just think Trevor can get a bit too much sometimes. I'm also on my 3rd time of going through the main game aswell though so maybe it's also because I've heard all he has to say a couple of times before already?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It probably got repetitive for you because you played the game so much, but he doesn't really bother me.
    I find it kind of cool, it adds a little bit of personality to the game and it makes it less boring.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

To be honest that's probably true. I think as characters go, he's certainly one of the more psychopathic that threshold ever been anyway.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

Hmm I didn't really find him boring, more funny really. I liked his psycho antics and the chattering during some of the missions was quite good as it gave him a bit of background which I feel he needed otherwise we would just have this psycho nutjob with no depth at all.

Some might find the chattering annoying but at least it's better than "HEY COUSIN LETS GO BOWLING!" every five minutes.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I do like the character, I just found him a bit repetitive, but like I said that's probably because of how often I play the game.

He's certainly one of the more serious characters anyway, especially if you listen to what he's saying. There's not much fun in his life is there!

8. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I thought he did talk a bit in some missions, and also he is more about himself and uses his fists and also a psycho as well and will take anyone out if they get in his way. I enjoy playing as him, as he can be fun and when he fights swears hard out as well and get's aggro at the enemy which is good to see and makes the experience more better as well. He, kind of reminds of Toni from Grand theft auto liberty city stories who would be angry and annoyed at times when doing missions for Maria or for Vincenzo who hated him and was whacked by him.

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

He was pretty cool, but not my favorite.

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

The fact that he talked so much and was always in someone's face made Trevor pretty exciting. :3

11. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Trevor is cool and funny. But he is not my favorite too.

12. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I thought he was more entertaining than the others. He actually made me laugh a few times.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Looks like most people are a friend of Trevor then!

It wasn't the character as such, like I said it was just that he hardly ever shuts up that I found annoying. And he wasn't exactly the most cheerful guy in the world was a he!

14. W0nderWhite

W0nderWhite New Member

I like Trevor he's a really unique character. Its interesting because every other GTA character is modeled on a classic criminal archetype. 70's Miami Gangster, 90's gang banger, Triads, Russian gangs however Trevor isn't a typical criminal. Trevor is Rock* audience, its a reflection of those who play the game

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

A reflection of those that play the game? I don't know if I'd go as far as that to be honest, haha.

In a way I get what you mean though, I think everybody might have a Trevor side of their personality, waiting to get out.

16. TheViper

TheViper Member

Trevor wasn't my favorite and I did find him literally disgusting at times. I would say that Franklin was my favorite pretty much because how funny he was in the dialogue. Plus, his "special powers" was pretty much the biggest difference in the game.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Speaking of the special power, in Franklin's case, the driving ability, I have to admit it's something that I rarely used to be honest.

A lot of the time I even forgot about it, and would just play the game in the usual way.

18. dc423

dc423 New Member

That would be the multiplayer... I think Trevor was a great character. He certainly encourages the player to commit violent acts.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I enjoy Trevor's craziness and I'm glad that he never shuts up because I have a crush on his voice actor Steven Ogg. Ogg looks like a younger Trevor with hair and if you read the YouTube comments, some women think he's hot.

20. dannygloveloverer

dannygloveloverer New Member

I'm mad at Trevor for killing Johnny Klebitz, one of the best protagonists ever. Well, besides Toni Cipriani and Tommy Vercetti.