Touch Screen Controls For Racing

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Wubwub, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've recently been discovering a few new racing games on my tablet, and I'm really dissatisfied with using the touch screen to steer. I can't be nearly as accurate as I could on a controller, but I understand that it's a trade off that's a lot better existing than not. Having said this, I'd like to ask our community here if you have any mobile racing game suggestions that have great touch screen controls or are they all pretty much the same?

2. meta_mach

meta_mach New Member

Real Racing 3 has pretty good controls. There are gaming controls for tablets you could use too. A lot of the games work easily with the controllers. MOGA is a good example of a controller that works with most games. Otherwise the drag racing games are decent since you only need to tap the screen.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

That's a big problem with racing games on mobile devices and why I really don't play alot of games on my tablet unless they are controller compatible. It's just too inaccurate.

4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I think Real Racing 3 and GT racing 1 or 2 gets the job done perfectly. I haven't felt the urge to try any other racing games on mobile thus far since these games are already pretty amazing.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I thought this at first too, but after I've played some of the new racing games, I changed my mind. They kind of do the game justice even with just touch screen controls, even though I still would very much prefer to have console type controllers.

Anyway, will be checking out RR3, thanks for the recommendation, guys! Still hoping for more if any of our other members have more!

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I typically only use motion controls when I play racing games, I only use touch screen controls when I feel lazy.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never got the hang of motion controls, unfortunately, and it think it's especially difficult for me since I game mostly on a tablet.