Need for Speed Rivals Too many NFS titles?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by wowtgp, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Lukey

Lukey New Member

I agree, I can't count how many Need for Speed titles has come out over the past year. They are really just milking the title now, all of the recent games are a piece of poo.

2. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

The only real dud that's come out in recent years was The Run, other than that, all the other NFSs were actually really good. Most Wanted and the Shift series comes to mind.

3. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I agree with those who say there are some games in the series that are just not up to standard. I love the original games in the series such as NFS underground one and two and also Carbon and the original most wanted. The newer titles have not impressed me at all and I think EA needs to go back to the way in which they made the original titles.

4. xilezaturo

xilezaturo Member

I played most of the NFS titles out there. I was playing NFS Shift a few months back and got really into it. Then I wanted to play the Most Wanted and Underground games again, but something put me off.

I miss the older NFS 2 and 3, before it got too "simulation mode".

5. Kaseyallan

Kaseyallan New Member

The reason for that is, they keep making good games.

6. jurew2

jurew2 Member

If the games will sell a lot they will still make new games like this. If they are getting a lot money out of it, I for myself wouldn't say that people are getting tired of the game. Probably because of a few very good releases before, but it is popular nevertheless.

7. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

Need For Speed should slow down the release of new games, and focus on each game being a leap in graphics quality, rather than just slight upgrades on each other. Annual franchises should not sell for 60 dollars year after year, that is simply too much of a price to pay every year.

8. cedrickismw

cedrickismw New Member

I haven't played Need for Speed in a long time, but to me its probably the best arcade racer you can get. The others I feel are really a celebration of beautiful luxury vehicles, concepts, and classics with some cars you might actually see for real tossed in though they usually include arcade modes in addition to the main GP part of the game. NFS is like a traditional racer with decent graphics and more of a focus on fast, action packed gameplay which I like.

9. davidj96

davidj96 New Member

I really think you should calm down about this. You have already stated you're not bug on the franchise, meaning your not much of a Need for Speed fan. That's perfectly okay. I myself, do not believe there are too many Need For Speed titles because I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I always look forward to the next game that they release.

10. cedrickismw

cedrickismw New Member

How often is too often like they're coming out 2-3 times a year? If anything the price tag is probably the real problem. I imagine the developers could just release them to online stores as downloads for about $20-30 or create really good expansions. I don't think there's anything wrong with extending a good game with exclusive online content. Besides I think there's a need for these types of games for traditional arcade racing enthusiasts like myself.

11. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

There was a point in time when the Need for speed games were the best racing games that you could have spent your money on, these days it just seems like they are becoming repetitive. It is just like the Call of Duty series of games. They have been doing it over and over that people just aren't liking the games like they used to anymore.

12. joebel

joebel New Member

EA's games in general are very year by year with little discounts (Battlefield series??) I wish they would take more time per game. I don't mind having to wait longer for the next release as long as it is upgraded greatly.

13. kaineparker

kaineparker Member

It's a franchise and they're going to keep pumping them out as long as people are buying them (and they are). Assassin's Creed has started releasing a ton of titles rapidly too due to how successful it is.

14. Balaal

Balaal Member

Yes, way too many titles released in such as short amount of time. The product just seems rushed at this point and I don't even get excited for more NFS titles anymore. You can tell when it's rushed when the titles barely exceed their predecessor.

15. ciorex

ciorex Member

I stopped caring after NFS underground...

16. ray king

ray king Member

Yeah I guess there could be a new story line everytime they release a game. But I was never bothered by it cos I always loved the new cars and the great graphics and the cities that I could drive in. I guess I like it cos of the familiarity.

But yeah there has to something new. I personally like good story and the whole game playing out like a movie. Maybe they could make a game version of the movie and incorporate a team in the single player mode supported by the AI.

17. GenevB

GenevB Member

Yes, the quality have started to be lost over the years in order for companies to earn more and more money. They would make a game and then make you pay if you want it's extension or so on. But I don't think that they ever compelled us to buy one of their products, it's been all the time our choice. Personally I don't think that Rivals is just another "money-maker", the Ea company just wants the franchise to be the best in every single aspect of racing.

18. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yes, quality of NFS games has gone down somewhat, but as one of the major titles it has to keep churning out new games to make some money and maintain its market share. Just look at other big titles in other game genres, like Call of Duty, they have produced many games as well.

19. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

Well it looks like this year they've skipped the usual yearly release of Need for Speed titles, probably to increase the quality of the game. Hopefully next years game will be a lot better than Rivals, they've had an extra year to make it better. If we're lucky it might be a worthy successor to NFS Underground, the latest Most Wanted game was a far cry from the Most Wanted on PS2.

20. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

While I'd like to think that they devoted more time into polishing the next game, it might also be possible that they're aiming for a delayed release so that they won't have to compete with The Crew and Drive Club...