Tips on flying the Hydra

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Norjak71, May 2, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

So as I have mentioned before on multiple threads, my relationship with the Hydra aircraft is currently a love/hate one, mostly hate. Why they would make something so expensive and then proceed to make it nearly impossible to handle is like some sort of cruel joke the developers are playing on me, and perhaps it's only me with this issue. Here's some of my issues with it:

I can't seem to get it to hover without having a mind of it's own and crashing into adjacent walls. On another note, why does a military aircraft seem so helpless? I feel if I just barely touch the side of a wall the thing is a second away from dying and I have to eject.

You really can't aim all that well with it either. Getting it to pitch it's nose down is just asking for trouble and begging you to rage quit after you just spent 20 minutes getting to the airfield to pick it up. Am I the only one with these issues?

2. krnd

krnd Member

Honestly I wouldn't use the Hydra at all, you may as well use a Savage that provides more firepower, or a buzzard for more agility. I think Hydra is just one of those fun free roam useless tools that we get every now and then in the GTA series.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I had trouble flying it at first as well. I remember pulling my hair out on how to get it out of hover mode. Finally I figured it out that you just had to press right on the d-pad. It was pretty ridiculous as I was like how is this thing not able to go faster than a helicopter.

4. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Yes, I agree with you. I also don't like Hydra. Savage (helicopter) is much better.