Need for Speed Rivals This or Hot Pursuit?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by theGIJST, Nov 12, 2014.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Hello, guys. I have never played this game, but I've played almost all other NFS games. Judging by the game-play, this game looks a lot like the most recent Hot Pursuit game, with all the police pursuits and such. However, which one do you like more, if you've played both? This obviously has better graphics, and possibly better game-play. But, I haven't played it, so I don't know. You tell me. Also, is it worth getting or should I wait for some kind of a discount?

2. GenevB

GenevB Member

Even though I like this game, I would go for hot pursuit. Better story-line, even if I'm a bit nostalgic, I like the graphics as they were then than they are now.

3. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Well, I've played a lot of Hot Pursuit and I've enjoyed it. However, I didn't like racing all that much, I played only a few races just to unlock some of my favorite cars (like that BMW M6 Cabrio, beautiful), and then I just free roamed with them. I enjoyed free roaming a lot more than racing. Free roaming is my favorite aspect of any racing or even action game, like Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. But not to get off-topic, how much would you want to pay for Rivals? How much is it worth, do you think?

4. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Hot Pursuit! Fun, exciting, great graphics in my opinion. I think it's a pretty solid game. I'm tight on my extra spending this season. Good Luck

5. shreklock

shreklock Member

I agree, better buy Hot Pursuit now and spend less money. Later when Rivals gets cheaper, you buy that and play it.

6. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

I agree, there should be a sale on Steam soon enough, just you wait and see. When it goes on sale, get it, I reckon it will be either 3.74 or 4.99. That is very cheap for a good game, to be honest. I played it a lot and I think it was worth it.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Hot Pursuit. You will probably be able to get it for really cheap on a Steam sale (maybe for Christmas?), AND you will get an overall better experience. You can buy Rivals in a year or so when the price goes down.

8. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Hot Pursuit is probably better. NFS Rivals wasn't that well received unfortunately.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Hot pursuit is much better in my opinion. I did not enjoy Rivals all that much even though I was impressed by the graphics. I think. Hot pursuit is a much better mix of both graphics and gameplay so I'd vote for that.

10. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Well, all we have to do now is wait for a Steam sale and get the Hot Pursuit for dirt cheap. Because, who doesn't like dirt cheap games? How do you guys like Shift 2? I've played Shift but I never got my hands on Shift 2.

11. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I agree 100%. Better fun factor and graphics.

12. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I think that Hot Pursuit is way better with the gameplay, you can also get it cheaper, because it is older. You can buy Rivals later when the price drops. I played both games and I think that Hot Pursuit is a lot more fun.

13. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I would go with hot pursuit any day I really think that the game is really fun. I did not enjoy rivals that much, but until this day I have hot pursuit on the PC and I really like playing it every single chance that I get. So I would go with hot pursuit

14. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

The one thing I dislike about the Rivals, is the fact that you can't get it on Steam. This means, you can't get it for a ridiculously cheap price, and it means you'll have to use Origin. I don't have anything against Origin, but I prefer all my games in one place. When I have to use two or even more different DRMs to play the game, it frustrates me.

15. nicholas

nicholas New Member

I would definitely choose Need For Speed Rivals over Hot pursuit! Overall it's a much better game, and graphics are also a lot better. The game runs smoothly and it takes quite some time to beat the whole thing. But at $69.99 it's a little expensive, still worth it in my opinion though. I don't regret buying this game, I've gotten at least 30 hours of game play out of it so far so it's been worth my while. It is alittle annoying how if you don't buy the full game you have to pay for the extra cars but i bought them anyways. Playing with friends is a lot of fun too, invite them to your game and race around the map, evade the police and participate in events all over the place! There are many options when it comes to upgrading your cars too. Very good game, better than Hot pursuit!

16. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Well, 70$ is too high of a price for a racing game. It just is. And besides, 30 hours is not a lot for me. I usually spend anywhere from 100-1000 hours on a game I really like. For example, I spent 60€ on Skyrim, pre-ordered it, and I have over 500 hours on it. So, I think those 60€ were well spent, but 70$ for 30 hours is too little for me. Usually, I spend 30 hours on a game that I pay 5€ for. That is why I love Steam. Instead of paying 70$, you wait a bit till the price drops, and then you buy it for a ridiculously low price, and get the most value out of a game.

17. BRyze

BRyze Member

Go with hot pursuit. It's a cheaper game now and it also has a better story. It also doesn't have any problems with small technicalities like saving that Rivals has.

18. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Also guys, if you didn't know, both Hot Pursuit and Rivals, and even The Run and a few other racing games are currently on sale in the Origin store. They are a bit early with the Thanksgiving sale, but hey, we don't complain? Other than that, there aren't many good games on sale, except for the Mass Effect games, Battlefield games and Dragon Age games. These are not racing games, obviously, but they are still worth playing and are worth the discounted price in my opinion. However, if you want Hot Pursuit, or Dragon Age or Mass Effect 1 or 2, I'd suggest waiting for the Steam sale and getting it there. It will probably go on sale too. But if you don't care about what DRM the game is using, go with Origin.

19. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I agree with a lot of people here, you should go with Hot Pursuit. It was a more fun game in general for me, particularly the storyline. Then again, I love any game with a mildly decent storyline, and that is rare in the world of racing games.

20. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Hot Pursuit is the only option here. I can't see anyone playing Rivals and having fun with it, especially when they have already played other NFS games. You will be really disappointed.