Things new players should heed in GTA V

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by sellandsold, May 16, 2015.

1. sellandsold

sellandsold New Member

With GTA on PC now, there are more players joining for the first time. What do you feel are the essential tips that new player should know or might not know about?

For me, I found these helpful:

• Phone as ATMs - You can go to the internet on your phone, to the money and services tab and at the bottom is a link to the bank. You can make deposits/withdrawls from your phone. Saves looking everywhere for an ATM.
    • Passive Mode - Hit the interactions menu and you can turn passive more on/off. Helps if you are new and just want to explore and do things without being at the mercy of PVPers.
    • Micro SMG - Get it as soon as you can since it is the best gun (in my opinion) for shooting in a vehicle. True run and gun.

Some of these are (obviously) WELL know by a lot of players, but for first timers they can be helpful.

2. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

Avoid threads relating to things that they haven't come across yet. People don't always put spoiler tags.

Personally I played the story first, then came back here after. No spoilers that way.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Pretty good tips all around, I just don't like the micro smg to do drive by's with. Don't get me wrong, it might be the best weapon for it, but I prefer the ap pistol over the micro smg. It doesn't work as well against other players because of armored vehicles and such, but it completely obliterates cop cars.

4. tarverten

tarverten New Member

Play contact missions to get your money, skills and gun play up to par. Stay out of free roam if you are afraid to die.

Also, don't accept 1vs1 deathmatches

5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

Here are my tips:

-Play missions and races

-Level Up (sounds stupid but it is essential)

-Use Invite Only or Friends sessions twice as much as free roam, especially for messing about.

-Only enter Free Roam if you want trouble or if the game puts you there.

-Unlock the Buzzard

And this one is very important, make friends