The radio stations are forgetful

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Lamar, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Kinda disappointing.. It could have been so much better. San Andreas and Vice City had the best radio stations hands down.

2. nickjt

nickjt Member

This is the worst GTA soundtrack wise for me. There are some great songs but too much forgettable rubbish in between. There were no station that I loved, so I mostly tried to stick to the talk radio stations in the end.

3. Ha777yya

Ha777yya New Member

The radios are a magnificent part of GTA (all versions) they are amazing. But they do tend to repeat themselves now and again!

4. Rob

Rob New Member

The best one on there is the reggae station

5. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I like the music but the audio tracks are very forget-able. I can remember a lot of songs from GTA but I can't recall a single conversation on the radio. I hope they switch it up for GTAVI.

6. SLAMDAT

SLAMDAT New Member

GTA San Andreas had one of the most memorable songs put on K-Dst. Every time I drived, I kept it on just waiting until it came on. Young Turks by Rod Stewart. Something about it just fit with the game whilst playing.

7. DjoBoy

DjoBoy New Member

For me the GTA V radio station is great. They should have added more songs, because, everytime i get in the car, I already hear the same song that I have listened 5 minutes ago.

8. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggy New Member

I wish Rockstar would've routinely mixed up the tracks on the radio stations, or assigned different stations to different characters

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I love Radio Mirror Park. It is the home of all the GTA V theme songs. Radio Mirror Park has the songs "Sleepwalking" (ending theme for ending A), "Don't Come Close" (ending theme for ending B), "The Setup" (ending theme for Deathwish ending), and "From Nowhere" (from the PS4 next gen coming soon GTA V trailer). The DJ for Radio Mirror Park is Twin Shadow who actually has two songs on the GTA V soundtrack.
    Every important song from the GTA trailers and game endings is on Radio Mirror Park. There is nothing forgettable about it.
    If you saw a GTA trailer on TV and heard a cool song, it's on Radio Mirror Park.

10. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I don't really even bother with the radio stations in the game. I only listen to the rap station and I only like when they play the Kendrick Lamar song ADHD other than that I do not think that there is anything else on the radio in the game to listen to.

11. stuckyfeet

stuckyfeet New Member

I kinda like the radio stations. But usually I'm out and running and shooting/hitting stuff so it's not that big of a part in my game :) It does make it feel a little more realistic! :)

12. sidney

sidney Member

Well that I have yet to see because I haven't played GTA V yet, but, I think that as far as the entertainment factor of the bantering of those characters in the radio stations, the funny commercials and DJ's are concerned, then I'm sure it will be amusing to listen to, like any of the GTA radio stations in the previous games.

13. Rabbu

Rabbu New Member

They really did kill the radio this time around sadly. Fortunately the depth of the rest of the game makes up for the radio though! Maybe they'll add radio DLC in the remaster? A long shot but you never know!

14. davidj96

davidj96 New Member

I think for a video game, GTA V has some pretty awesome music selections. If you switch through all the music stations, you're bound to find something that sounds good to you. I myself enjoy listening to Radio Los Santos because my favorite genre is Hip Hop and Rap.

15. saaskue1

saaskue1 New Member

The classics are what makes this game great when on car chases.

Imagine your on the run in a coupe, and then a Usher classic comes on. It's like driving in a park full with daisies with a bunch of bunnies chasing you instead of the cops.

16. guywithguitar

guywithguitar New Member

They really are. Compared to the music from SA and IV, it just really can't live up to it. A lot of the music in V is just boring, repetitive, and just so underground that only a few people will really enjoy the music that comes on. It's a big reason why I just listen to music on my computer while I play the game. Hopefully Rockstar will add some better music in future updates, but it seems unlikely.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I disagree. The so called "underground" music is not forgettable. Some of my favorite songs this year are from the Radio Mirror Park station. Just because it's not mainstream, doesn't mean it's forgettable. All 3 of the ending themes are on the Radio Mirror Park station.

18. Henry

Henry New Member

One of the best things about GTA is the music. It always has been. The number of bands i discovered playing GTA was great. But the thing i don't like is the repeating. They should expand the music library. But the game developers have really good music taste, in my opinion.

19. srofltank

srofltank New Member

Vice City's radio had the best music in my opinion. However, I only really listened to one channel in GTA V, haha. That would be the Rock radio channel. There's a great amount of good music that Rockstar has added to that channel, including Queen's "Radio Ga Ga," etc. This one simple radio station has introduced to me several amazing tracks published in the late 20th century. I agree with everyone else here, however. Vice City and San Andreas had the best radio stations, and I don't think any other GTA game can top that.

20. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

Radio Mirror Park is the best radio station by far on GTA V! I'm not even going to list the songs, just insert that disc or your console and listen through it until you get to From Nowhere or Jasmine!