The radio stations are forgetful

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Lamar, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I like them. They play modern music and there's also room for more "old school" stuff, I find them quite enjoyable.
    There's also the band Wavves on there, which is one of my favorites! haha

2. compl3xx

compl3xx New Member

I've only listened to a few of the radio stations in the game, but that's because I've found the ones I love already. West Coast Classics, Radio Los Santos and Flylo FM are all great to me. The music on Flylo is so relaxing and different, I especially love driving around outside of the city listening to that station, and when I'm in the city doing things I usually play either West Coast Classics or Radio Los Santos.

3. fromtheground

fromtheground New Member

Yeah, the stations in V are really not to my liking. I mostly listen to the pop one, for a few songs - namely Fergie and Britney - but the rest are boring and genres that I really hate. The rock station(s) play mostly songs that I don't like, and there isn't a single metal station. How are there numerous stations playing rap/hip-hop but not a single metal one? Disappointed.

4. compl3xx

compl3xx New Member

They probably figured hip-hop fits with the aesthetic and feel of Los Santos more than metal so that's why they've got 2-3 stations.

5. fromtheground

fromtheground New Member

But they could've easily just added one metal station instead. Vans Warped Tour has like 6 dates in California each year, this along with the many metal concerts held in LA and Cali fits in just as much as the rest.
    I just wanted one metal station, ugh...

6. compl3xx

compl3xx New Member

Yeah I definitely agree there SHOULD have been a metal station, it seems kinda dumb not to have one. I'm just saying I get the number of hip-hop ones, but still they should try to have enough stations to fit the wide range of tastes held by the gamers.

7. swagger

swagger New Member

I personally think GTA V has some of the best radio stations, although they could add more of a variety of songs on the station. I liked the stations the best in GTAV compared to any other GTA.

8. slim47

slim47 New Member

I agree completely. I feel the radio stations in GTA 4 were excellent so was expecting the same from GTA 5. The radio stations were definitely part of the experience and just added to magic. The radio stations in GTA 5 weren't bad but they just didn't have the impact I was hoping for.

9. unitedfandoc

unitedfandoc New Member

Yeah, by Rockstar's high standards, GTA V's soundtrack was quite poor. It makes me even sadder to think the money they've probably paid to Rihanna's and Britney's respective labels to use their songs in the game.

I only really listen to Los Santos Rock Radio as every time I tune into another station, there's only rubbish playing.

10. DankAllen

DankAllen New Member

Vice City had the best radio stations. The things they had on there were so funny and you almost never heard the same thing twice.

11. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

I may be a little biased, but I still think the radio station in Vice City is the best. The discussions in VCPR is very funny, and for some reason I find myself listening to Emotion 98.3 the most. Why? The songs I guess. Died in your arms tonight rocks!

12. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I thought the radio stations were a huge disappointment in GTAV. It's always been one of my favorite parts of the game, especially the talk radio stations. There was nothing very memorable about any of these radio stations.

13. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I think the music has kind of fell off as well. I remember on San Andreas was a great music selection. They had a lot of different types of music as far as versatility.

14. firestarian

firestarian New Member

The radio stations are definitely lackluster in GTA V, I was extremely disappointed that I found myself listening to the Pop Station because it had the only music I'd ever heard before (And not necessarily in a good way). The only song worth listening to on the Rock Station was Radio Gaga. I've always preferred to listen to my own music anyway, but it still was disappointing.

15. Rylag

Rylag New Member

I love the music played on GTA V. Well all Grand Theft Auto games. It is nice listening to music or people talking while driving.

16. Scott Rooney

Scott Rooney New Member

There really isn't enough music on GTA V, I get so bored of hearing the same songs every time I play GTA, I turn the radio off 100% of the time. I would of much preferred to have less stations and more songs. Maybe in the next GTA it would be cool to have real radio stations linked up to GTA via Xbox Live or PSN. That would be so cool and there would be so much variety to music, the more I think about this, the more I really want it to happen!

17. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 New Member

Yeah I agree that GTA V's radio stations were mediocre. Which is weird cause I loved GTA IV's music. I only really listent to the West Coast station and the pop station. At least West Coast talk radio is amusing I suppose.

18. Scott Rooney

Scott Rooney New Member

Yeah some of the radio stations do have some funny commentaries, but the lack of music and other content really is the main problem for me. It would be good if Rockstar included new songs in the DLC packs for free, I know that this will never happen, but it would be a nifty little feature for Rockstar to include.

19. idlecuriosities

idlecuriosities New Member

I'm going to disagree. I really like the radio stations in this game, especially the hip hop ones. There is a great mix of old school and newer stuff. I also like that there is a definite west coast flavor to the stations.

20. gadgetised

gadgetised New Member

I change through them and never find anything I like. So I just plug in my headphones. It is much better.