The game that makes me buy a Wii U?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by SlickBlasianYouTube, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SlickBlasianYouTube

SlickBlasianYouTube Member

Is Mario Kart 8 the game that should influence my buy of this console? I used to think Wii U was a joke, but now it seems to have a lot of exclusives that are great! So, should this game define my buy?

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It really depends. If you are int cart racing, you are absolutely going to love this game. It's flawless.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Mario Kart is one of the strongest titles, as a console exclusive that attracts people into buying the Wii U. Another contender I would think is Monster Hunter. If Pokemon ever makes it to consoles everyone would be buying it! :p

4. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Definitely! Mario Kart 8 is such a great game, and the only reason why I bought a Wii U in the first place. ;) If you have the money, I would completely recommend going for it!

utneqo7d and bellahpereira like this.
  5. TheViper

TheViper Member

Nintendo is truly one of those companies that has actually exclusive titles for their console. Mario Kart is just one of them and it makes them stand out from the rest. I would say Mario Kart is a must play though I can't say the console is a must buy.

bellahpereira likes this.
  6. bellahpereira

bellahpereira New Member

Personally, I consider MK8 to be one of the WiiU's biggest hits. But whether it should determine if you should buy a WiiU all depends on your gaming type. The WiiU offers a great range of games, with many exclusives that you don't want to miss, and in my opinion, MK8 is one of them. The game looks like a pretty version of the last two MK games but it has the added benefit of playing a lot better than the last ones. The controls are better, as are the power ups, as are the car options. I would say that it's definitely a game you should try, but to look into the console as a whole and get a good game base going before you put $300 into it :p (although, now would be the best time to buy one as they are starting to release MK8 bundles lol)

7. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

That's how I feel, as well. I'm not crazy about the console overall, and if you're thinking of swaying just for Mario Kart I'd probably advise against it.

8. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I hear good things about Bayonetta 2 too! :p

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I use to love diddy kong racing on the nintendo 64. Expect Mario Kart 6 to be of the highest quality caliber based on the same premise. Now would I buy a wii u just for that game? Probably not. Especially at the current price of the Wii u. If there are other games that you like then it might be an option for you. If not, then wait for drop in console price.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I do think this game is enough to make any fan buy a Wii U but even if it doesn't convince you there are many other games that can and together they might just make the Wii U appealing to even a skeptic. I know I mostly just ignored it a while back but the more I learned of its games the more I realized it wasn't so bad.

11. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

It has me sold. I just need money.

12. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Not only MK8, but did you forget about Bayonetta 2, arguably the best Wii U game there is? I'll be getting one next summer since I've never got around to finishing the first one.

13. shreklock

shreklock Member

You should buy it if you really like Mario Kart. You won't be disappointed, there are many more games for this console, so even if you realize you don't like Mario Kart, there will be other games to play.

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

If you buy a console based upon a single game, then you're probably making a mistake. It's not worth it. However, the Wii U does have Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and a couple other major titles that are worth considering, too.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I personally wouldn't buy a console for just one game either unless I plan on selling it right after but you're right, there's a lot of other great games for this console and unless you're not interested in them then this would be a worthy purchase.

16. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

It's a good candidate to buy the Wii U for, but personally it's not the only good game on there. There will be Zelda 2015, Next gen Marios, and tons and tons of 3rd party games to come to the Wii U. You shouldn't buy the Wii U for Mario Kart, you should buy Mario Kart for the Wii U.

17. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

To me I think that Mario karts is one of the games that really makes Nintendo stand out as a fun console to play and I think that if you are planning to get a WII U the. You should definitely take up Mario Kart.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I would buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and to feed my daughter's Sonic addiction because the 2 most recent Sonic games are Wii U exclusives.

19. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It depends. If you have friends to play this with, and you know you will play this game to its full extent, then yes, it is VERY worth it. If you will only be playing it alone, it will pretty much get boring after a while, but that's just me. You should, however, get a Wii U for the other fantastic Nintendo exclusive games, like Bayonetta 2 and for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. 4.

20. jurew2

jurew2 Member

If you have some spare money than you should definetely buy the Wii U, even if just for this game. You won't regret it when you start playing Mario Kart, it's just awesome and sometimes addictive game and there are also a few exclusives that are worth buying the console for.