The epicness of big smoke

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by smallsmoke, Jun 10, 2015.

1. smallsmoke

smallsmoke New Member

Hi guys, is anybody here a fan of the god Big Smoke? Its style and slang is charming and fascinating.. I wish that character was real :(

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Big smoke was probably one of my favourite characters in GTA, was a bit gutted how his story went though, I have to admit. I think he could have played a longer part in the game and definitely had a better ending.

3. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I'm more or less having mixed emotions towards Big Smoke. His idea of thinking big would have made wonders for the Grove, but that was just a cover to mask his true agenda. In contrast to the more conservative Sweet, Smoke believed that a bigger world existed out there, one bigger than Grove Street. He wanted the Grove to become more powerful by selling drugs, something Sweet is unwilling to do. With Sweet (and CJ) out of the way, Smoke could have made Grove Street better and bigger, but alas, he sold out the Families to cut a better deal with the Ballas, Vagos, Russians, and Rifas. In the end, he never really cared about the hood, but himself. Eventually CJ started to drift away from the Grove and struck out on his own just like Big Smoke, much to the disappointment of his brother.

4. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

Big Smoke was awesome at first, but after he betrays you, I wanted him dead so bad, luckily at the end of the game I got my wish. Although it was a bit sad the way he died.

5. rightct

rightct New Member

He was that type of cool guy, or at least seemed to be until he betrayed everyone. But before that, I really admired him and really thought he would join CJ, but unfortunately it didn't happen that way. Still, that train mission is unforgettable... I HATE HIM SO MUCH THERE!!! XD

6. HornedDemoN

HornedDemoN New Member

I don't get why people hate on Big Smoke so much. Most likely because of that infamous train mission... you know the one. But anyway, he was a funny character ("You picked the wrong house, fool!") and even when he was revealed to be a traitor, I still couldn't bring myself to hate the guy.

7. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

Yeah, he was probably the most memorable character in that game. The voice actor for him was really good. Well, actually, I think almost all the voice actors in San Andreas were way better than those in the previous titles.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I haven't played the game that much, but I didn't know that he will betray CJ eventually. Betrayal seems like a common plot in the GTA games, eh? Now I know what to expect in SA's plot when I play it again.

9. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

Big Smoke was a laid back guy who did not seem to have any worries of the Ballas gang as he was living in the area they live in, which was strange and was dealing with a crack which is a dangerous drug. Big Smoke wanted the power and money made it happen and he joined with other gangs in the game, and did not really bother about the Grove Street gangs which was shocking and goes to show money can change a person's life around for better or worse. I hated the Wrong Side of the Tracks mission where he can't shoot that well and also, he was meeting with Tenpenny all the time and would make it seem like it is nothing special.

10. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

The only thing epic about big smoke is his epic lack of aim during the train mission. I mean yelling at CJ to follow the train, when he can't hit a damn thing. It just pisses me off thinking about it.

Other than that he was a huge sellout, and betrayed his boys for money so I can't really give him any respect.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It's funny that whenever the name Big Smoke is mentioned, that mission is always brought up, and its almost as famous as the game is, itself.

How Big Smoke ended up was a shame, and I think for quite a big character, a lot of people wasn't keen on the way the story turned out with him.

12. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

I personally agree with you when talking about the character's personality and style, however he ended up being a snitch and well.. I would not really like to know him in real life, I do not really like that kind of friends so no.

13. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Big smoke was an awesome character until you know what happened. He was just a really cool dude. Someone you would want to hang out with. It's unfortunate the way it ended.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

He did it all to get remembered, and as gamers still regard him as one of their favorite characters in the game, I say he got his wish. Mission accomplished, am I right? He had memorable moments (ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN!) and he really was just wanting to better his life, even though this route made him betray his so called family. I don't blame him for what he did though, he had this grand desire and there was really no convincing him otherwise.

15. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Big Smoke was super fun to listen too! He is a character evzone remembers, still today because of the way he talks and of the missions he gave you.

16. Error

Error New Member

Yeah Big Smoke was one of my favourite characters in the game too, next to Ryder. Even when he betrays you I couldn't bring myself to dislike the guy, he is too much of a character to hate on really. I was quite sad though when he died even if he did deserve it.

17. EleGiggle

EleGiggle New Member

The fact that he even lived a bit offside of the Grove Street HQ is awesome. Also the way how he deals with all the different scenarios he has to deal with is cool. And another thing I liked about him is his voice.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I definitely felt like they had the chance to tell a cool story with Big Smoke, too bad Rockstar didn't feel the same. He was one of the coolest side-characters in San Andreas, even when he was being a douchebag.

1 person likes this.
  19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Or look at it another way, and maybe Rockstar did Big Smoke a favour and put his name as a game character into folklore by making him out a bad guy in the end? If he hadn't, maybe his character would have been forgotten about by now, and he wouldn't still be being talked about all these years later.

20. Bravosi

Bravosi Member

Big Smoke is one of those characters you can rarely find in a game :)