The best GTA?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by StompnNubs, Mar 13, 2014.

1. StompnNubs

StompnNubs New Member

Of all of the grand theft auto games out there, San Andreas had to be the most ambitious in terms of map size and gameplay in my opinion.

The addition of swimming, and a monstrously huge map, a flippin JET PACK, the best cheats, THE hardest missions(please don't make me fly a mini heli again), gang wars, some very good(and lots of bad) mods for PC, car mods, RPG mechanics(working out, training etc), a solid and FUN combat system...

San andreas was crazy! For its time, the graphics were a bit lame, but San andreas to me, is one of the last great games before the massive flagship title games switched over to focusing on fantastic graphics and visuals while leaving game features and complexity behind.

What do you think about san andreas? Why is it your favorite GTA of all time? If it isn't, why not?

2. sidney

sidney Member

To be honest, due to lack of time, I'm still stuck on the mission where CJ should rescue Sweet's girl, and I've been repeatedly failing that mission. I dunno if I'm getting rusty or Vice City was really easier. For some reason my loyalty belongs to Vice City.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I agree with you on pretty much all points. San Andreas had everything and with mods it even has more. Especially in terms of replay-ability.

4. rebel

rebel New Member

GTA: San Andreas is surely one of Rockstar's biggest hits out there, maybe only GTA V topped it. GTA:SA has everything you need. It runs on a relatively slow PC, with good graphics and tons of options. I just can't imagine any other game that requires so little and provides so much.

5. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

GTA SA was probably my favorite game out of the entire series. I have GTA V and now I don't even play that one because SA is just my favorite to play. I know the ins and outs of that map and it still surprises me.

6. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I think it's either SA or V for me. As much as I loved 4, they just don't compare to how amazing the SA/V. It must be the city, or the flying... Probably the flying. I do miss the pure customization in GTA SA as my CJ was always tattooed and fat.

7. daimashin

daimashin New Member

San Andreas is in my opinion the best GTA for its time before GTA V came out. It was so good that GTA IV was underwhelming compared to it. Even though GTA IV was a great game in its own right, it's still not comparable to SA.

8. Esperahol

Esperahol Member

I like GTA : SA - heck I like it a lot, but (but) it wasn't the best game for me. I mean it had swimming, but I never swam if I could help it. The map was fairly large, but it was also fairly empty. I mean I did very much enjoy it, but it wasn't the best GTA game even before GTA V came out. Still it ranks highly for me because co-op is the best thing ever.

9. chicagobulls6769

chicagobulls6769 New Member

I prefer GTA San andreas out of all the series. I specifically like San Andreas due to the map, characters, guns, and the gym. The missions are more interesting and exciting.

10. Danilo Bojic

Danilo Bojic New Member

To be honest, I enjoyed GTA Vice City the most, a simple feeling of a Italian mafia suits my tastes better! Personally the whole ghetto type of a game doesn't make me want to play it a lot... San Andreas was great, but for me Vice City will forever be, the best.

11. Rick9791

Rick9791 New Member

GTA 3, it is the most revolutionary GTA from the series because of the shift between 2D to 3D graphics. Best thing from the game is the cars, the way Rockstar configurated the car's handling is for a fun gameplay and it sure is fun.

12. MaykCheck

MaykCheck New Member

Gee, it's hard to make a decision.
    The first one is a classic, and I still enjoy playing it in my old PC.
    The switch to FPS was a breakthrough in Vice City, and GTA V is also one of my favorites -if not THE- due to the multi-character nature of it.

13. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I really liked Vice City. But I have heard most people go for SA as their favorite GTA. But I like Vice City more because it was my first GTA. I played 3 after finishing Vice City. I will try to play SA again, after finishing IV.

14. Laksefar

Laksefar New Member

In short; yes.
    It is by far the GTA i've played the most (excluding the glorious GTA II).
    I like the gang war theme it had and especially the music that went with it. The theme song is the best in my opinion.
    CJ is my man

15. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

I agree with you, the jump between 2 and 3 was incredible, not just in the graphics but also with the amount of new features and side activities.
    But I think Vice City even improved this, so I think it might be the better game.

16. sidd230

sidd230 Member

Possibly yes. Just for the nostalgic factor. In a few years, it may be GTA V. I had the most fun with SA. I was most impressed with Vice City. The most technically impressive game was GTA V. Can't judge.

17. Swagawa

Swagawa New Member

I've got to agree, no GTA game has lived up to San Andreas as of yet. Sure GTA V was awesome, but mostly because of the insanely addictive online mode (I didn't even enjoy the campaign that much).
    I feel like after San Andreas the franchise took steps backwards. You could no longer work out in the gym or even ride bicycles in the GTA that followed it (I know they brought bikes back now). I just remember going back to San Andreas as opposed to moving onto the next game because it just had so much more to do in it. By far my favorite GTA game to date, and CJ was just an amazing character.

18. GoodReplays

GoodReplays New Member

Yes sir you are correct! GTA San Andreas is the best GTA game to date. Note I said "is" because it still is the best and nothing in my honest opinion from Rockstar has topped the boss game known and loved as GTA:SA.

19. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I have not played any of the GTA games after San Andreas, so I may have a bias in favor of SA. But aside from the gameplay, the missions, and the fun factor, it's the voices of well-known Hollywood celebrities which gives life to the game. And I'm not only talking about SA, but to a certain extent Vice City as well.

20. xilezaturo

xilezaturo Member

I used to think that GTA 2 (PC version) was my favorite, but recently I got into playing GTA games and I'm just not sure anymore. I guess I had the most fun with San Andreas, until half-way through the game when CJ started acting like a punk, of course.

How does someone go from "gangsta" to whatever that was? I'm talking about the part where you race the protagonist from GTA III who has that bitchy girlfriend.