The best Gran Turismo in the series?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Marcus, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

What is the absolute best Gran Turismo? For me I think it'd be Gran Turismo 2. I loved the first game, but it just got better with the second game. The 3rd I remember not caring about too much, but oh well I suppose. What is your favorite in the series?

2. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

For pure nostalgia reasons, it's GT2. That's the GT I spent the most time with, and had the most fun with. But the best would have to be the most recent one.

3. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

GT3 was the only one I owned, but I played 1, 4 and 5 also. I can say I preferred 3. 4 didn't really seem to add much and I haven't played 5 enough to really form an opinion on it.

4. nicotta

nicotta Member

Well the first gran Turismo I played was 5 and I loved the series ever since.

5. Brad

Brad Member

5 is probably the best one it just had me glued to the screen at some points.

6. nicotta

nicotta Member

Yeah same here the longest I played it was about 6 hours in one day and that day only had 3 hours of sleep cause I was busy.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Gran Turismo 3 in my opinion. I think that game is absolutely FANTASTIC!!

8. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

I still think Gran Turismo 3 was the best in the series. It was the most exciting game in the series and it has the best collection of cars in my opinion.

9. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

GT 5 I think is and was the best. It introduced a whole new section of experiences and is what the generations after it are based on. I think this series introduced us to a whole new world of GT gaming. The series before 5 were very ncie too, and the ones that came after were equally nice but GT5 was the one that now sets the standard for all the GTs we play.

10. BluBird

BluBird Member

Gran Turismo 2 in my opinion. 900 cars was incredible for a time when racing games used to have 15 or 20.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think I'll go for GT2 as well. It had an amazing selection of cars, some great tracks and the racing modifications you could perform on the cars were beautiful.

Also the soundtrack was pretty awesome.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never liked the series but I've gotten to try almost all of them and 5 is probably my favorite.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

5 IS pretty pleasing on the eyes I have to admit.

I did that Suzuka 1000KM race a few years back and that has by far been my best Gran Turismo experience due to lots of the aesthetic factors.

14. jetliposting

jetliposting New Member

Well, choosing from one game from the GT series will always be subjective. For me gt2 brings back a lot of memories, and I get nostalgic just thinking about it, so that't definitely my pick.

15. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'll always remember that intro to GT2 with that song playing.

That intro was really something special.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm torn between GT2 and GT5 but I guess I have to go with the former. It had some really cool cars and tracks, everything was highly customizable.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I would say the Gran Turismo game you played in your youth, but unfortunately this game was not around back in my youth- I will have to go with Gran Turismo 3 because finally in this game the cars looked as good as they felt. This game is a graphics marvel, also this game is super smooth and incredibly detailed and lifelike as well.

18. Rexy

Rexy New Member

Haha same! I get super nostalgic with the GT2, brings back old memories and stuff haha.

19. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

I still have my PS2 with me, and I'm still playing GT4 at this moment. And it's just as fun as I remembered. For me it's all about the collecting of cars. So GT2 is my runner-up since it has some personal favorites like the BMW 740i and 840i and the Jaguar XJR.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Unfortunately i didn't play GT2 much which i played more