Subway Surfers

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by elmarianexx, Jul 25, 2015.

1. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

It is somehow a racing game, because you need to keep moving and watch out, if you bump into any train or any other item you will be caught by a policemen. It's a great game in my opinion, but it's very hard to unlock all of the characters, because you need a lot of coins or you need to pay real money for the keys.

2. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Meh, I played it when I got my phone but I got bored of it after a while. It became too repetitive for me, but it's a good time-waster I guess.

troutski likes this.
  4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Subway Surfers is NOT a racing game in any shape or form. There's a huge difference between a race that has a start and finish and an endless running game that goes on forever. You're not racing. You're just moving forward and dodging things for no reason.

5. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Time-wasters are always good when you have nothing else to do. If you keep playing it constantly I guess that it does get boring though, like you said. :)

6. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

It's quite similar to temple run. Even thought there's not a definite end to it you can still max out the power-ups, unlock all characters, skins, boards and trophies.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yep. At the moment I'm playing an iteration of 2048 and some basic games on the go (GYRO, Head Soccer and so on). Those games keep me busy when I have nothing to do and my phone is my only savior.

8. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

In my opinion, this game is released on for kids. My small brother plays this game a lot and he likes it. I am not saying it's a bad game but the mission doesn't look like a 'professional' racing game at all. By the way, I enjoyed this game when I played this for the first time. :D

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I wouldn't quite classify it as a racing game, but I've sunk quite a few hours into it while riding on public transport. It's a really fun way to kill time!

10. Potausen

Potausen Member

I don't really see how this fits into simulator games, but anyway, I don't enjoy this petty smartphone game. It's just so casual, that i can't stand it. It requires no skill to learn and very little to master and it gets boring extremely fast because of it.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'm not sure I would consider subway surfers a racing game. I guess it's sort of a race, but without cars, I wouldn't consider it much of a traditional racing game. And it's definitely not a simulator game.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It definitely is more of a kids game. It's rather rudimentary, even compared to most racing games that are pretty basic. I would put the game more in s basic strategy game.

13. Qdub16

Qdub16 New Member

This can't be considered a racing game because you're not racing against anyone. It's not much of a simulation either, it's kind of just an endless runner like Temple Run or Jetpack Joyride. There isn't much to it other than that the coins and keys just give you some ulterior motive, but other than that the main goal is to score as many points as u can in one run.

14. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

But Temple Run isn't a racing game, either.

Anyway, it's not really the best game; it's okay, but it's pretty repetitive. It may have the looks to suggest otherwise, but every round is the exact same thing over and over again with no real goal. As a desperate time-waster, I won't complain, but I can't see someone bringing this up along racing games.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I played temple run for some time but I never really got that much into it as many others have where I heard some really got obsessed or addicted to some extent. So by the time spin offs like this one came out I was already a bit over it. I appreciate how well made and how much thought is put into these games and how much enjoyment you could get out of the simple mechanics though.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

yeah, I wouldn't call temple run a racing game. That also falls more into a strategy game, more than a pure racing game. It has racing elements, but so do many games.

17. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

Exactly. I'm sure any game could have a racing element if you try to look hard enough. There's always some sort of race to get the top score, or to beat the game, or even racing away from some evil guy chasing you. But this doesn't classify it as a racing game. Nor is this one.

18. belovedad

belovedad Member

Far from a racing game. I used to play it a few years ago but it got repetitive and I got bored.

19. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Eh I wouldn't consider it a racing game, I think I played it on my android but I got bored of it quickly, repetitive games bore me fast most of the time unless they have something really special in them which is really hard to do or find, I didn't like it either way.

Wubwub likes this.
  20. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I remember I had to download that game for a free offer from a rewards site but I didn't really like it so I uninstalled it pretty quickly...