Speedrunning Vice City

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by AxelR, Jun 23, 2016.

1. AxelR

AxelR New Member

Hello guys, are you into speedrunning this game? There is something I loved about trying to complete the game as quickly as possible and some day I tuned in to Twitch to watch a streamer complete the game. He had a great time, but it was far from the world record, which is 53 minutes 1 second for completing the game with any percentage and a little over 6 hours for 100%. I amazed by it, because I know how many times you have to go through the game to achieve something like this. I wouldn't be able to do it myself though. And what about you guys? Do you like watching speedruns or maybe you even try it yourself? How quickly can you finish the game?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It took me months to finish the game (I was pretty young though so I didn't have as much gaming experience) but I'm still mesmerized by this, how are you even able to finish the game in such short amount of time? I can even think the distance between the missions would take you a couple of hours at least, that's pretty crazy.

3. buster

buster New Member

I'm not into speedrunning myself, but I love watching videos of people beating some classic games on YouTube because that takes some real skill. I never thought Vice City could be beaten in 53 minutes though, that's just crazy.

4. pedaltothemetal

pedaltothemetal New Member

Yeah, I agree. Vice City has so much to offer that I don't like rushing through the experience. However, I have to give credit to those who do because it really shows how much they appreciate the game by learning the best ways to break it. Imagine how much time it must take speedrunners to perfect their craft.

5. AxelR

AxelR New Member

They make great use of some bugs that speed things up. Another thing is perfect timing, like jumping off the car/bike exactly on the mission marker etc. They all play Japanese version of the game - some people have said that it's "more stable", so you can execute some glitches without crashing the game - and that makes your time few minutes shorter.

6. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I am with some of the other users here who are pretty fascinated by this. I have just never been one of those players who can stay good for that long to beat anything quick, but it takes a lot of time regardless. I actually thought Vice City was pretty confusing too at first but I guess I might have been in the minority there.

7. sidney

sidney Member

I don't think I would really want to do it, because I also don't like rushing through the game. I like to play it at my own pace. It took me 7 months to finish GTA VC, so I think these gamers have played this game over and over for them to master it and finish it in the least time possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
  8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I took months to finish playing GTA Vice City and I don't see any problem with that. Each player has his/her own pace and I honestly don't like to play a game like "if there wasn't another tomorrow". :p

9. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I never had a problem while playing GTA Vice City. I never faced speed or features loading problem. I use to play it on PC as I have an HQ ram, graphic card so I never faced a problem.

10. overcast

overcast Member

Sometimes I do try to. But then again game is not fun to often go out of regular flow. And that's where things change a lot too. So that being said, I think speed-running is fun for some. And not always that bad.

11. Shine_Spirit

Everything will depend on the configuration you have, whether it is on the pc, the tabler or on a notebook.

12. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Where's the fun in that though? Besides I'm too lazy to do speed runs, and I think it's non-sense

13. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Speed runs can be exciting once you beat the game.

14. Shine_Spirit

I think it might be funny and cool before too... Well, at least for me. :D

15. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Seems like a difficult task, but at the same time a little interesting and probably something that would come with just having played the game enough.

16. Shine_Spirit

It all depends on your willingness to play, doesn't it? The more will you have, the easier things will become. :)

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

That concept applies to real life as well :D.

18. Shine_Spirit

Yeah, I totally agree with you... But the real likfe is not a game (or is it? :confused:, haha).

19. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Member

Interesting.

20. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Member

Definitely.