Need for Speed Rivals Should they make a new Underground?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by edthebig, Sep 27, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Well it comes down to sales. If the sale were always high on this series, then you can bet that there will be a new installment in the future. A couple hundred of games sales will not excite the producers of the game to make a new one.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. The only thing that speaks loudly enough to big developers is profits so the more people but the previous version the more they will feel compelled to release a new one. Unfortunately I don't think it's doing well since there's just so many other competing racers out there now.

3. shreklock

shreklock Member

Yeah, Undergrounds were the first games I played with so much customization. If they made made new Underground, I'd play the hell out of it.

4. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

They should make a new one, definitely. But, they should make a GOOD sequel to the Underground 2. They made a new Most Wanted, and it was NOTHING like the original Most Wanted. We didn't have car customization, horrible story, you can't buy cars etc. I played it and it was fun but not as fun as the original MW was. I fear that, even if they do make a new Underground, it will be the same case. They will pack a lot of stuff that didn't make the old Underground games, and then sell it off as one. Fancy graphics didn't make that game, the features made it. That's what we need, a WORTHY sequel to the game.

5. Arma45

Arma45 New Member

Good question. Underground was one of the best in the series and had quite a bit of replay value. Everything about the game was great. Considering how some of the games were either made better or worse, Depending on the company, I'm a little skeptical about a remake for this game.

They could either destroy it or make another awesome Need For Speed title. I would like to see that and I know I would be one to buy it and play it. The idea of using the formula they used here in Underground and applying to a different Need For Speed title may be a good option. The idea would need to be executed well otherwise, I think it won't work out to well.

6. krazystitch

krazystitch New Member

Absolutely. Even if it isn't with the Underground name, just bringing back some main factors from that game would be absolutely fantastic. The amount of hours that I put in was crazy because of just how much I enjoyed that game. I keep finding myself wishing that they could bring back some of what made that game so great and overall a fun experience.

7. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

The sickest song on underground has to be Nate dogg keep it coming. Man I just remember how cool it was to be setting up a car and I am listening to that song.

8. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

They should definitely make another Underground! That would make my life. I miss playing this game.

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

If they "remake" a game they may as well make a new one. I don't think they'd want to or need to remake any of their released games. They seem just fine to me. Plus, removing a game to make a new version isn't a really good idea. You may as well make a "sequel" to the game.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. Before these games I really was already put off racing games and titles like this one reinvigorated my love for them. I wish they were still as experimental today but most just reverted back to traditional racers.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I would love a new Underground. Those are my two favorite games in the series and I really wish they came back with improvements.

12. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yeah I think they should do another Underground game. The previous Undergrounds are great and fun to play and they did a good job with it.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I really wish they would remake a lot of the games I loved in the ps2 era since I loved a lot of those games but I'd like to play them on a widescreen a lot better.

14. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

To be honest I think that if they were to make new games using some of the same things that they did in the underground games then I think that they would be able to make some really cool new games. To be honest I think that some of the best games that I have been able to play in the franchise has to be the underground games especially the first one.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I would really love a remade Underground but I think that's off the tables at the moment. Maybe in a couple of years if they really run out of the ideas, but I don't see that happening.

16. GenevB

GenevB Member

I thought they already planed on making it. They've got all the reasons to do so, last underground I believe it was the most successful NFS, if they would launch a public poll I believe that more than 70% of the fans would say they want another Underground. Just think about it, nowadays graphics with undeground's gameplay and options to change the car parts as you like, it would be the best game ever.

17. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

It's well past the plan phase. The new NFS Underground game will be released just in November.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/need-s...gameplay-brings-back-underground-feels-450674
    The latest Need For Speed doesn’t have the Underground title, but it’s obvious that the latest arcade racer is a direct offspring from the iconic NFS franchise. In fact, EA claims the latest Need For Speed 2015 will be a combination of Rivals and Underground.

Underground fans, you happy?

18. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

Need for speed underground is definitely a game that's worth another version. This game took arcade style racing to another level by incorporating street racing. It was so difficult to keep the lead and it was possible to lose the lead at the last seconds of the lap which would make me want to win that much more. Using nitrous to boost didn't hurt either and it was one of my favorite parts of the game. I loved the drift and drag racing too because they were the hardest things I had to learn in the game.

The music in Need for speed underground was amazing too and I loved listening to it. The customization was also really great and I loved changing my vehicles to look as I pleased.