Should the next protagonist be a female?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by CeliVega, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Things would be different if we had a female protagonist to be controlled. What race should she be and what would her story be about?

2. dayyad

dayyad New Member

idk, i feel it might add too much drama and it will require the games plot to be slightly more indepth to align with slightly more emotional plot lines because of the feminism. Dont really know if this suits the franchise that much

3. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I think it would be better if they had customization on the lines of Saints Row, Skyrim, or Fallout, with both sexes as options. There could be a slightly different story and dialogue based on how you look, and it would add a lot of replayability and depth to the game. You could even start in a different place depending on what you look like or who you are. Then your singleplayer character could transfer over to online modes, and you could have some perks or abilities the more you played singleplayer as that character.

4. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08 New Member

Since ther are a lot of females that play GTA, I feel like they should add a female character or at least let you choose between a male and female. I know guys really want it to stay like it is because they do not want to play with a girl, but I am sure that females feel the same way about playing with a guy character. We would like some options.

5. mddimehdi

mddimehdi New Member

I've been thinking about it for a while and I think that Rockstar should take it into consideration. In GTA 5, we have 3 characters that we can play with. So, for the coming GTA, It's preferable to add a female character which can target the female market and gain more fame.

6. dayyad

dayyad New Member

They should have a campaign where you play as a woman that wants to become famous and has to do all these wacky side missions gta style. Kind of like living through the life of that famous tv talk show dude in the game whose hair you end up cutting off.

7. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I think it would be interesting it will be fresh perspective for us, fans of GTA. It would be nice that there are 3 main protagonist like GTA V and one of them is a female. It will be a badass game.

8. dayyad

dayyad New Member

Would you care to elaborate on that? Why doe you think this would be better/more interesting?

9. beccagreen

beccagreen New Member

As I've said many times. It depends on the call of the story. If the story calls for a female protagonist then Rockstar will make use of a female protagonist I'm sure of that. It's not really because they always wanted males. If you take a look at GTA it's all about crime and heists and all that stuff which is mostly for the males. Sure it would be great if they'd make a female protagonist but then again it calls for the story. Or are you saying they should make GTA like Saints Row where the roles of the protagonist is gender neutral in a very subtle way.

10. beccagreen

beccagreen New Member

I don't think having a female protagonist in GTA will make the game more interesting. I mean sure it's fresh but it doesn't automatically translate to being more interesting since we basically have a lot of female protagonist doing bad-ass things in games. It will be fresh for the franchise but not entirely enticing.

11. AlexF15

AlexF15 New Member

I don't think it'd be a great idea to ruin a male only tradition like GTA has. I really like how they have MALE only characters, this isn't a game where girls would be good at doing. Killing, robbing, stealing, all that good stuff. So I do not think it's a good idea at all.