Should Rockstar have released GTA V...

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Franklin, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin New Member

on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 like they will

or

on next gen PS4 or Xbox One?

or

wait until GTA 6 to release on PS4 and Xbox One?

2. RaceFan

RaceFan New Member

release now on the current console - next gen comes out in november - so they can have a mid cycle push to get more attention and sales of gta v. it would almost be like a compeletly different game, which could double sales.

3. Brem

Brem Member

You have to look at it like this. Next Gen consoles may not do so hot right out of the gate, especially being $400 and $500 respectively. Rockstar did it right in this case because they figured it would be better suited on current gen especially since most gamers will still have their PS3 and 360.

There could be a chance of a port to next gen consoles, but this is Rockstart we're talking about and it's highly unlikely they're even bother. They'll probably focus more on a sequel instead of porting.

4. Gsand

Gsand New Member

Exactly. Bringing it on PS3 and 360 is the best strategy for higher sales.

I would have personally liked the PC version too (for the customization and modding it allows). But since the PC versions have always lagged 6 months behind, I don't expect anything soon. On these lines though, they might announce a port on X-box One too with high resolution sometime.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

I'm glad they've released it on the current gen consoles. It would impact sales bringing it out for the next gen consoles as not everyone would have the money to dish out a few hundred dollars for a console right away. I think this will push the current consoles to their hardware limits though.

6. Beachboy13

Beachboy13 New Member

I think they made the right decision. the hardware on the latest consles is fine. this game will be amazing without a doubt.

7. Niko49

Niko49 New Member

I think there might be some limitations though on the hardware like render distance. It'll be interesting to see how it handles planes flying across the map at top speeds. They might bring it out for next gen consoles at a later date?