Rocket League

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Squigly, Dec 6, 2015.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Yup, it's just straight up soccer with cars. I looked up the description and even the developers don't even call it a racing game. They call it a physics based game of soccer with cars.

2. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Just by watching the trailer, I can tell you that the game is really amazing. , I have already played this game in my friend's. Probably, it's one of the best soccer-like games available. It has a rating of 3/5 on Softonic.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It's definitely not a racing game and it doesn't try to be. Regardless of the type of game it is I can guarantee you'll have a lot of fun if you decide to try it.

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

The Hoops gamemode just came out, it's a fun bit of "basketball" for people who might be tired of the original gamemode.

5. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Hoops is a great addition to the game, but there's a bit of an adaptation period for it. Scoring can be a lot harder if you're used to the normal game mode, but once you get used to it you'll probably be able to score more easily.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Great point. Now that you mention it I can see that this game is indeed very similar to twisted metal. I still kind of favor twisted metal type gameplay though to be honest and I hope they someday come out with a new version that's of equal caliber to rocket league.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Twisted metal is one of my favorites games of all time. It was such unique game at that time and it still is. I can't really think of any other game similar to it where you have cars attacking each other with missiles and stuff.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I know there was a similar game on the ps1 called vigilante but I don't think it got much popularity although I know it had a somewhat of a cult following. Seems like these days these types of games aren't too popular anymore which is too bad but at least the spirit is still alive in a game like rocket league. Hopefully the developers can find a fresh take on it to make it popular again.

9. krnd

krnd Member

After reading some I decided to give Rocket League a try, it seems like an interesting game. I saw there would be some basketball mode coming to it, that's so crazy.. but I'd like to see how they implement it!

If anyone else is a newbie and wants to give it a shot send me a message :)

10. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

I have this game, its tons of fun. It combines two of my favourite things, racing and football! The cars are good and nicely distinguished, the upgrades are plentiful and the DLC’s are just awesome (you can drive a bat mobile if you want). So overall a very fun game. Do get it if you thinking of buying it.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I have yet to try it but judging from how fun the original version is I'm sure this new one will just be equally as good and would serve as a good break from the default version.

12. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

They were testing the waters to see if there'd be some people who'll be interested and I must admit that the new mode is pretty good. I wonder what they'll be coming up with next?

13. justrace

justrace Member

You can call it a 'racing game'. Though, it's a mixture of soccer and racing. That's what amazing about this game. It's unique and different than any other games out there. It's a wonderful game in my opinion. The graphics of this game is not awesome but it's decent.

14. likeandba

likeandba Member

I agree with justrace. This does not fit in the racing genre genre. As other members said, it is a soccer type racing game. I just played this game. It's a good game to enjoy in your free time. It is a popular game and many of my friends have already played this game. It has also a high rating.