Road Rash

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by teabwoi, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

This series was really amazing. I remember playing it on the Mega Drive but I had the most fun with the Playstation version - Road Rash and Jailbreak. The action is pretty fun and what I love about both games is the music. So many great songs on both games and also I liked how they made real-life cut scenes.

I really wish they would bring this series back but I think it's gone and not gonna happen. There was one being made for the 360 and PS3 but it folded.

2. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I freaking love road rash! One of my most favorite child hood games in the world! I used to and still own Road Rash 1 and Road Rash 2 for the sega genesis and still play to this day on a couple of emulators on my phone. One of my most favorite memories on the game was when me and like 6 bikers were all in the same lane and for some reason due to a glitch or something, there was a cow in the middle of the road and we all hit the cow and fell out of our bikes! We were all scrambling to our bikes and it was the funnies thing ever! Good times...

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

According to the developers the game was a "success." They called the game "Road Redemption." I don't know if there's some place you could download the game [free]. Google should provide the answers if you are interested.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

How have I never heard of this game? I doesn't ring a bell at all. I"m going to have to look it up.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It's a very old game from the 90s. I've played it again recently and unfortunately it hasn't aged that well but the concept is still very fun in my opinion and I do wish they would make a modern version of it.

6. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I guess that explains it. I think was mostly playing mario kart and goldeneye on the N64 during the 90s. I didn't care much for other game at that time.

Wubwub likes this.
  7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think by the time n64 was around road rash was already long forgotten if I'm not mistaken because I think ps1 was already the dominant console then whereas RR was on Sega Genesis and even then it wasn't really too popular but more maybe just had a sort of niche or cult following.

8. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I still remember playing that game with my friends, it was agood game, the gameplay was quite good and the cars were good as well, also the tracks were awesome for a game which is that old.

9. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Once N64 came around with the Mario games, everything else was put on the sidelines. The only games I remember from that era were the Mario games and a few other games like Tony Hawk pro skater and Donkey Kong. It would have been tough for lesser known games to survive then.

Wubwub likes this.
  10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this was one of the games that have gotten more of a cult following and it's not at all mainstream like sonic or Mario. Also I guess it is not popular because the game never really progressed that much even though it's still very fun.

11. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Don't just look it up. Get it. Play it and you'll know why most people who played Road Rash think it was one of the best racing games back then.

There's this site called [Classic Gaming]. They have numerous old games you can download. They have a 100 MB [download] limit for free accounts but as the game is only 40 or so MB, you can download it and test it.

12. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I really miss the game. I used to play this game for hours. The developers should really make a newer version of the game. I would love to play the newer version.

13. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

They'll never make a new version of the game. But because they won't others have attempted to make games that are just like Road Rash.

You could take a look at these games and see if you'll like them:

Motostorm
    Road Redemption
    Ride To Hell: Retribution.

14. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

:p, I just adore the game and the fun thing to do was to beat the crap out of the police guy and other competitors, back then I don't remember any other game giving such fun.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. These days you can just download the emulator and game itself on any laptop or computer, even the lowest powered ones and you can see for yourself. Don't expect too much though as it is still a very old game but it's fun enough for what it is.

Denis Hard likes this.
  16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

One could also use Windows compatibility mode to see if the program can run on their version of Windows. I've run programs made for XP on newer operating systems so I suppose as Windows is all about backward compatibility it's possible to install and run the game rather easily. Haven't used Windows 10 yet so I don't know if this method could work.

Wubwub likes this.
  17. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Road Rash was an excellent game on PS1. I wonder when they are going to bring the game back to life. It’s been years since they made a game like Road Rash. A game where you can punch people while ridding a motorcycle. The game was pretty fun when I was a child but I can not play it anymore. I grew tired of it quickly. It’s probably because I prefer to play Call Of Duty games now or games like Skyrim.

18. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The game is never going to be resurrected. Or at least not any time soon. Nonetheless we could get something similar but not quite the same. One of the founders of Criterion Studios [who are making another Burnout Game] said he'd have loved a Burnout-Road Rash crossover. It might happen. It might not happen.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Not too sure but I think most emulators nowadays are compatible with most OS. I tried on both windows vista and an old Mac and got a lot of them to run just fine, especially the bit games which I guess are easier to deal with.

Denis Hard likes this.