RIP Robin WIlliams

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by wulfman, Aug 14, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Member

I have never even seen his stand up. His movies always made me laugh though. Or were just plain out awesome. Even ones like Insomnia or One Hour Photo he just did a great job. Good Will Hunting of course also. Addiction and depression are just a terrible combination. Poor guy was trying to get help too. Went back into rehab just a few a weeks before.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I honestly never found him very funny, but still entertaining and amusing. I liked him mostly for his dramatic roles because he really was able to capture sadness well.

3. Ben

Ben New Member

Was shocked to hear about his passing. One of his films, Jumanji was apart of my childhood. A very talented man that will be missed.

4. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I was literally heartbroken. It was crazy, I was reading an article and then on the news, which my father was seeing, it showed Robin William's passing. My father, a movie fanatic like me, told me quickly, in which I was just in shocked. I always loved the actor, his comedic stand up was hilarious and his roles in Good Will Hunting, Awakenings, One Hour Photo, Dead Poets Society and Insomnia just were, brilliant. When I heard the news and processed it, I was remembering my first time when I thought Robin Williams was probably one of the best actors in history. I saw Good Will Hunting with my mother and my brothers. When the park bench scene ended, I paused it and looked at my family. They were just shocked at the intensity and the brilliance of his acting. Just a sad and horrible situation. RIP Robin Williams. You were loved and will continue to be loved by millions.

5. wulfman

wulfman Member

I am abroad right now and they had a sort of memorial advertisement for him on TV. I was shocked at the international recognition his death is getting also.

6. KNH

KNH Member

Such a tragedy! I never thought he was as hilarious as other people think, but he was entertaining and joyful nonetheless. So much talent!

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

People all around the world are mourning that funny man. He will certainly be missed and atleast we will see him in a few more movies after his death..

8. wulfman

wulfman Member

Lots of rumors circulating about him now . Some good some bad. Thats why I never want to be famous. (As if I had the option anyway ;) )

9. jurew2

jurew2 Member

He will certainly be missed, because he made a lot of people laugh. He was a great man and a great actor, I was really shocked when I found out that he died the other day, I almost drove off the road.

10. Dez97

Dez97 Member

It really does suck, I just hope is family and friends are able to recover and know that its in a better way.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Even though he's really famous I'd agree and would probably be surprised too because it's not like he was in schlocky blockbuster action movies like Arnold, but I guess he's made enough of family movies to have had a similar effect.

12. wulfman

wulfman Member

He had substance abuse problems . In the 1980s with cocaine but after that alcohol. there is an interview where he describes addiction to Diane sawyer and how bad it can be . Addiction and depression go hand in hand.

13. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

It's so unfortunate. May he rest in peace. It's true that he had substance related issues, but it's not fair to judge him. That's the way he chose to live his life, and who he was (and apparently a lot of people loved him) was deeply affected by his own personal experiences, which included those issues.

Great loss.

14. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Many times we see individuals and we have no clue what they are going through. This was the case for Robin Williams I saw him only a wonderful actor/ comedian. Someone who bought laughter to millions. But deep down his soul was afflicted and tormented, like many persons today who suffer from depression. I hope is soul will rest in peace.

15. wulfman

wulfman Member

Just saw RV last night. Can't believe he is gone .