Release It - So I can buy it!

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by jcairns82, Oct 10, 2013.

1. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

I can't believe that we have to wait until 2014 for this to be released. Mario Kart is always one of Nintendo's top sellers and the Wii U features could add another dimensions to this popular franchise. Any thoughts as to why they would hold it back for so long?

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Haven't played anything in the series since the N64, but as I'm planning on getting a Wii-U I'm definitely going to pick up this game. I don't mind how long they hold it back, so long as it's quality.

3. Brad

Brad Member

Its a good game but the WII U has failed Nintendo's brilliant consoles i bought the WII U for a short period of time 2 games were released both games i hated and then i finally got a good game (ZombieU) and it still was no good.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah, I'm hoping they start to release some real games for it. I remember the launched of the Wii being similar, though. They brought out a lot of uninteresting party games and Mario-vehicles way before the meaty RPGs and innovative motion sensor stuff came out.

5. Jahid

Jahid New Member

How can I buy it?

6. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I'd like to play. I haven't played Mario Cart in forever.

7. dailypost1

dailypost1 Member

The release date should at least be cut in half. That is next year until the game actually gets released. Mario Kart has to reflect the best racing game besides Gran Turismo.

8. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

Maybe they're holding it back due to so many other highly anticipated racing games coming out. It may get lost in the shuffle. I'm not sure they can really introduce anything special that'll make someone say, "Hey, let's play that simple go kart game instead of this realistic action packed racing simulator."

9. Aaron

Aaron New Member

I wish they would put Mario Cart on each platform. I have a PS3 & XBOX 360 but I do not have wii. The quality of the game graphics just aren't good enough for me to wan to spend the 250.00 on that. I'd only use it for bowling lol.

10. gorgy

gorgy New Member

I hope they have dry bowser again. It was damn good and he'd look epic on the wii u!!!

11. gats

gats Member

This would be one of the games that will make me buy the WII U, if it is good that is. I am wondering if Nintendo is giving up on consoles because I really haven't been impressed with their performance lately.

12. pristine

pristine New Member

Why can't they release it earlier :(. Now I have to wait for a long time for it to come out...

13. Pickicool

Pickicool New Member

If Nintendo is more than Mario Kart per console .... It will be the same.
    The next Mario Kart will be really fun to watch. Finally, in HD.

Then the concept of gravity interested me personally. It will be very fun to play with friends ... as usual.

I look forward to the Mario Kart. I want a lot of fun as the Wii.
    Nintendo will boost sales with this next game :) :0 :D

14. Boundless

Boundless Member

It'll take them some time to release the game, yeah I can feel you, but I think it'll be worth the wait!

15. Awildgmr

Awildgmr New Member

I don't have a Wii U, but I would be willing to buy one just for this game. I like playing Mario Kart on my Wii, and I would like to see how it looks on the Wii U. I am willing to wait because I am not in that big a hurry for this game.

16. xxsaumitraxx

xxsaumitraxx New Member

Well, I too would like to try it, haven't played any Mario game since my childhood. The worst part is that I have to wait until 2014 to get it :( But then Good things come to those who wait,right? ;)

17. Awildgmr

Awildgmr New Member

Yeah I agree that good things do come to those that wait. I am going to.wait to get a Wii U and this game because I want to make sure it's worth the wait.

18. jardantuan

jardantuan New Member

They aren't giving up, far from it. From what I've seen, and going on reviews from the few people that have actually had a chance to play it, Mario Kart 8 seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

As for the Wii U, bear in mind that the 3DS was suffering the same slow start that the Wii U is. Right now, the 3DS has sold over 25 million units - all it needs is a few games, and Mario Kart 8 will be one of them.

19. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

This, along with Smash Bros. is one of the games I'm most looking forward to this year. The videos make it look so good! I finally picked up Mario Kart 7 this week and I'm surprised by how much I got sucked in. Unlocking all of the cups and cars, the sidewinding turbo boosting, it's as much fun now as it was when I first started playing Mario Kart.