Racing Leagues?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I've heard of a few but never joined but I intend to very soon.

Question: what are some of the best racing leagues one could join? Racing leagues where one can play against fair opponents?

2. Potausen

Potausen Member

I joined a local one a couple of years ago. The first races against the easiest opponents were the hardest as I was really excited. I once finished 3rd and that's as far as I got. Sadly, there was a lack of players for some time and the league closed couple of months ago. I'll definitely join a new one when I have the time.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I suppose the ultimate of racing leagues can be found on Iracing because that game is built around racing championships, but the downside is that you have to pay a monthly subscription, while the good side is that there is almost no chance of encountering wreckers there. If someone did pay a subscription just to ruin other gamers fun, then I think that person has some serious issues.

4. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I have heard a couple of them as well but never partake in them. I have been very busy on focusing on my life and don't have time for those types of things.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I think there are racing leagues for Grand Turismo on playstation online. I know you can enter races with other online players, but not sure if there are actual leagues. I remember playing Forza on xbox live back in the day

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think there are some for drive club although I've never tried it myself so I don't know how to seek them out. Probably there are some on the official forums or something.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I just heard of iRacing on the PC having leagues for players. It looks pretty intense though. The driving physics look legit, so you have to be a really talented driver to play in those leagues if you don't want to get lapped each race.

8. krnd

krnd Member

There were some racing game leagues through Garena in the past, but I'm not sure what's the current status on those, mostly for NFS but definitely worth a look.