Racing Games Memes

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by ACSAPA, Feb 1, 2016.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, I hate when developers do that. They spend so much time on the promotions for the game that they get lazy with the actual development of the game itself. A lot of racing games have really good graphics and look pretty, so they try to use that as a selling point. When they have their audience roped in, developers call it a day and sell a game that's unrefined in some way, shape, or form.

2. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

It's sad, isn't it? They don't really care about enjoyment. They just want money, and they want money with the least work possible. It's greed and laziness. Eventually, I hope people catch on and stop buying games before they research the quality. Maybe that boycott would make those types of developers stop and think.

3. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Lol the trailer of a nice Mcclaren and then you get some rip off gba game! Classic!

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

That always gets the adrenaline pumping. The worst is the ghost level where I would always fall into the lava on the last lap. The pressure always go to me.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

There are plenty of games that look great, but the gameplay is awful. I definitely know what you are talking about with that. Ultimately, you just want the game to be fun to play.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Love this feature of Mario Kart, it gets the adrenaline pumping!

7. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I don't ge the point of this thread but I read something above me that intrigues me. some companies do really only focus on the promotion of the game and when they release it, it completely sucks and it is not up to what they announced and that's what bothers me the most.

8. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Yes, I agree with you. The speeding up of the music is really interesting. :)

9. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Just like you, I also love the feature. My heart beat also raises up as the speed of the music gets higher. :)

10. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Haha! Loved the second one. It is true that you can't win the race at all if the car isn't functional. LOL! :D

11. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Well, don't care about the brake. The only thing that matters to me is the speed of the car! :)

12. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

These memes are really interesting. I would like you to elaborate the meaning of the lines. Can you elaborate the meaning, please?

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Not sure I understand what you mean.. I think they're pretty straight forward, is there anything to elaborate on?

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I like the first one in the op simply because I've done it myself before. Don't get me wrong, I hate when people do it, but sometimes you have a day where you feel like being mischievous and stuff like that happens.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, someone who sees it my way. It just sucks that there seemed to be a forced sort of compromise. Can a game really not have both good graphics and good gameplay? Ok, that is generalizing a bit. There are quite a few games that fulfill having both beautiful graphics and very good gameplay. I think Outrun 2 was an example of that when it came out.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Well, isn't that the truth? I've found myself driving pretty recklessly in games. Sometimes I don't even bother with drifting. Sometimes I get lucky anyway and win. I seriously don't know how, though. Just dumb luck?

17. GenevB

GenevB Member

Great and really funny race memes, they couldn't have been more accurate then this. I believe that it happened to every single one of us to be in one of those situations, I remember how I would always try and get my enemies in the game off the roadway, how I would try to bust their cars unless I'm on the first position.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It can be dumb luck at times. Most of the time, it's pure strategy lol. It's always the best way to catch up to cars ahead of you when they are braking into the turn and you aren't.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Y
    yup, I think some of them just rely on the initial sales and not much more and as long as they can con the first few waves into buying their game out of hype then they are satisfied. Some are more passionate about racing so they put in a lot of effort in making their racing games good.

20. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Wow! loved this. Please post some more memes like this.