Racing Games Memes

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by ACSAPA, Feb 1, 2016.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Have you found any funny racing game related memes? Some of them really amuse me. I'm going to share a few that I thought were funny. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So, do you guys like these memes? Do you have a favorite racing games meme that isn't on here? Show them off in your replies.

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

On the Forza forums I saw a picture of a rear-wheel drive Civic pulling a wheelie off the lights in a drag race and someone captioned it with "V-Tech just kicked in yo!"

I found it pretty funny :D

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like the one about the trailer because it's so true, but I guess it is the case for most games in any genre which is unfortunate. I once saw a comparison of the fans in the stadium and the trailer made it look so great but when the actual game came out they were just cardboard cutouts.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Sometimes, when developers put so much effort in a demo version of a game or make special, expensive-to-create, renders of some game elements, they end up not looking so good in-game. They put time, money, and effort on grabbing the attention of their audience that when the actual game comes out, some aspects of the game are sacrificed. I think they should do more so that parts of the game don't end up being less than they could have been.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think that's understandable because if I was in that position I'd probably do the same as I wouldn't like to show anything that's not near perfect, but that's different from what can be mass produced with more limitations. It is a little scammy but I can see why many developers do it.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A couple of my favorites.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I can forgive the misleading, so long as the gameplay is good. It's as we said in another thread, graphics are part of the package, but it's not everything in a game. I do like games to be pretty, but they can be beautiful and suck at the same time. So, I don't mind a little flashiness in a game trailer to grab my attention, and then the actual graphics are a little less extravagant. I just want a good game.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, nice choices. They're so true, too. I always liked that second meme about how Outrun imitates life. It really does look like a similar scene. Really, every video game emulates something from real life. Even if it's very vivid and creative, the foundation for all visuals and physics in games is real life. Interesting when you think of it like that, huh?

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Correct. I think most fans can be this forgiving as long as the game itself is good. The backlash I hear most of the time is when the game turns out to be boring or flawed and far from what is shown from the demo. If it's just graphics but the game itself makes an impact then I think most people know to shut up and enjoy.

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

Do people really put on shoes when using pedals? I've got some flight pedals that can double up as racing pedals and have never once used shoes with them.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think slippers are fine but maybe for some it's not enough. For me I'd rather just play it bare feet to be honest just because I wouldn't want to dirty up the pedals but if I'm sharing it with someone else then I guess slippers would be enough.

12. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

The problem with that is, often the gameplay isn't up to the advertised quality either. This may just be bias, because false advertising is one of my pet peeves, but it seems to be the case in my experience. They lure you in and cause you to expect standards that are actually impossible in every aspect of the game. This goes beyond the graphics, though that is usually where the biggest difference is, as I tend to notice the gameplay isn't up to expectations either. Believe what you want to, but that's my viewpoint.

13. belovedad

belovedad Member

Lol, that's legit me. My firends hate playing with me because I'm the dirtiest driver in the book. I do it unnecessarily too because I have enough skills to win fairly.

14. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

That first meme describes me as a racer. I used to cut through the grass to crash into other racers and I would usually win. That one really cracked me up.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

lmao at putting on shoes. I remember my friend had the wheel and pedal for the playstation and I think we used it about 5 times before we realized it's so much easier to play with just the controller. It's hilarious that you would need to put on shoes for it.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Who needs brakes when you can just smash into bumpers?

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I'm guessing you're referring to the one that says "They can't win the race if their car isn't functional." So you like to ensure that you're going to win, by any means necessary, huh? Even if that means you appear as kind of a troll? Well, I guess I can see why your friends get frustrated. Since you actually have the skills to play fair, how often do you actually do that and win?

18. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

[​IMG]

So true. HAHA ! :D:D:D

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I understand what you're saying. The trailer sets a high standard, so your expectations raise, only to be wasted on a finished game that's inferior to what the beta version was showing off. It sucks when a game looks like it's going to be so good, and it has this high amount of potential, but it just falls flat once finished.

20. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

Most games just don't even fall flat at all; they're awful from the beginning. The fancy ads are just like "hey look at us buy our game" so you get interested. At that point, the developers don't care about the quality anymore. They have you interested, so you're going to buy the game. It doesn't matter if its good or not, you won't learn that until you've given the company some nice cash. Not all games do this, but it tends to happen.