Race The Sun

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Squigly, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253030/

Has anyone played this game? It's different from normal racers since you are only racing against time, not other players. It has a fast-paced feel kind of reminiscent to the Burnout series, as you have to dodge obstacles while going at high speed, trying to "chase the sun" as you pilot a solar powered craft which would die out once the sun sets.

While graphics are not particularly amazing, the gameplay reminds me of old highscore arcade games! I found myself spending a few hours on this game, I had plenty of fun :)

2. Fifty

Fifty Guest

I've played it and it's a blast - but I certainly wouldn't consider it a 'racing game.' You're only trying not to run into anything and it I guess you can spin it to say you're racing the time but I'd much rather complain about how there's no Project Cars section, haha.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I wouldn't really consider it a racing game either. It's definitely a fun and interesting game, though.

4. TheViper

TheViper Member

The whole graphics thing is a over hyped concept to be honest. It all depends on how the game is presented and the gameplay itself. If a game is fun and is something that keeps you entertained. Then you shouldn't downgrade it because the graphics isn't that "realistic".

5. moaz13

moaz13 Member

This game is more of an infinite runner than a racing game but it really is great and I recommend it. It's really fast and has really responsive controls and lots of replayability.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yeah, with infinite randomly generated worlds I always find myself going back to see what new areas there are to race in!

7. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I recently got the game and I love it. I love to go to race and try to get further than I got on the previous try. The game is also very challening and that is what i love in the games that I play, if the game is too easy to play I don't consider it a good game. If anyone is hasitand about buying this game, I would recommend to do so, it is very fun.

8. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I have played it and while I do think it's a fun, worthwhile game I have to agree it's not exactly what I would put in the category of "racing games" and I think it's a bit of a stretch trying the whole 'racing time itself' concept. There are plenty of games with timed components and not all of them fall under "racing" just for that reason.