PSP Vita or 3DS port?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by blaze4545, Aug 1, 2014.

1. blaze4545

blaze4545 New Member

So do you guys think that a PSP Vita or 3DS port would be good for Grand Theft Auto Five? I know that it would not have full capabilities that the Xbox 360 and PC version has but would still be pretty fun in my opinion. I loved Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for the Playstation Portable. Chinatown wars was also interesting and being able to play these games on the go added a whole new experience to my Grand Theft Auto lifestyle. The PSP Vita and Nintendo 3DS are pretty powerful so I would assume that they could handle some kind of port.

1 person likes this.
  2. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

I think we will see new portable GTA games in the next year or two. They will probably be based on new or side adventures, and have their own unique GTA game names. It will be interesting. I would really like to see it on the PS Vita, I plan to get one soon. GTA on the 3DS would be cool too.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

That's honestly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. The Vita has somewhat powerful hardware, but the 3DS has NO POWER in hardware whatsoever.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

You'd get two completely different games, neither of which could even compare to the scope of GTA V, even on the older consoles. Rockstar won't do that because that's how you lose millions in development.

5. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 New Member

Oh, I would love to see a PS Vita port. I used to play on the PS Vita a lot and it's an amazing device, more than capable of handling GTA. As for the 3DS, I feel like it's not meant to handle GTA V, but I can see how Rockstar would make good use of the second screen.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm not really a fan of the 3DS console but I'd really enjoy if they'll port the game to PS Vita as well. Even though it's probably going to lack features, the port is going to be at least decent I hope.

7. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles New Member

I agree with troutski; I don't think I'd want them to even try to port it to Vita, and PSP and 3DS have processing power equivalent to the N64 or Gamecube, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I wouldn't go to a Nintendo product for a good GTA game. When I want my Grand Theft Auto, I always turn to the main series entries on Xbox or PlayStation.

I would, however, like to see an original GTA property brought to handheld in the near future, and if I could have my pick, I'd really, really want to see a remake of the old classic London GTA. That game was so cool at that time, man. All the GTA games were. And then GTA III came along and blew the doors off the industry. Can you believe before that game there was no such thing as playing in open worlds? :)

1 person likes this.
  8. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

Yeah, a GTA on Vita would be one more good reason to buy the console. I remember playing the PSP games Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories and they were great. They were so popular that they were later ported over to the PS2, which is rare for a game to start out on a handheld system, and then get ported to a home console. I've heard good things about GTA Chinatown Wars, which started out as a DS game, and later released for PSP, but I haven't played it. Guess it has a totally different gameplay style, which being the DS, is to be expected.

So something similar will probably happen this generation. GTA side stories and all that. Direct port of GTAV? Nah.

9. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles New Member

Chinatown Wars was good. I played the iPad port, the interface of which wasn't as hard to negotiate as you might expect. Also tried to play it on an iPhone 4, lol. Not so easy to deal with in that situation. I'm pretty sure Vita is doomed based on the complete lack of support Sony is showing for the system at this point. I think they mentioned Vita like one time at E3 this year. Kind of a sad state of affairs; I've always thought that little handheld had tons of potential.

1 person likes this.
  10. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

Heck yea, when GTA III came out, the open world thing was amazing. Your post made me think back to that time period. It was kind of hard to go back to games that weren't open world after that.

11. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

Hey, I didn't know Chinatown Wars was on iPad. Gonna check it out, thanks man.

12. Snakevenom

Snakevenom New Member

A portable GTA game would be cool, there are for the older games so it's not unrealistic to expect a GTA V port to mobile game systems in the future. It could be done now if they used cloud computing and then you could get the full GTA V experience on a handheld when connected to wifi! Now that would be cool!

13. duke1101

duke1101 New Member

I think that flat out porting GTA V would be next to impossible. The technology I think is not up to the level that would make making GTA V portable possible. The game would have to be remade from the ground up because the graphics are too good. Everything would have to be remade and it would take too much time for it to be worth it for Rockstar. Honestly though I would love a portable GTA V because of the fact it is portable, I can take it places.

14. duckvader

duckvader New Member

Oh lord would that be wonderful. I still play Vice City stories when I travel, really GTA is perfect to port but you have to be careful and not break the hardware you port it to. The last thing I want is to play another glitchy mess in the Vita like Borderlands 2. Other than that I heavily doubt they could port GTAV to Vta.