Project Cars

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Norjak71, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Is Project Cars worth buying? I remember I played a demo not too long ago and the handling was just awful. I don't know if that's just the realism of the game or a bug they hadn't quite worked out. Does anyone who owns this or has played it confirm this?

I've heard that it has its fair share of bugs which most games do; however, from what I saw the graphics were some of the best I've ever seen. One downfall is it seems like it's strictly tarmac racing and not off-road at all. Any thoughts on this?

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It's a great game, I really enjoy playing it and it's probably one of the better racers out. The developer is kind of a jerk though, so if that influences your decision it'd be something to look at.

3. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I am also disappointed with the off-road restriction but there are many amazing features in the game that you would love. In my opinion, this game is worth the price.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I suppose the handling feels different because it is a hard core sim racing game. It's a great game but it can take a while to get used to it if you predominantly play arcade racing games.

5. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I enjoyed it. I remember playing the game at a friends house and everyone was having a good time. They actually enjoyed the game play and I would highly recommend it!

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think the bugs were only part of the initial launch and from what I heard none of them were that major. It also seems to be getting good reviews so it might be worth checking out.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

These games will definitely have some bugs at release. These are games are too complex to not have them. As you said, they've likely patched most of them by now.

Wubwub likes this.
  8. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Project cars is known to be one of the true racing sims out there, so I'm guessing it was just the realism of the game. If you are used to playing arcade type racing games, it will be a huge adjustment when you can't make turns going 200 mph. I remember the first time I played gran turismo, it was a huge shock for me.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yup, I remember following this game as it was being released and I may be mixing it up with other titles but I'm fairly sure that the launch did go fairly smoothly as they initially opened the game for beta testing to the public so I imagine they were able to iron out the major bugs before release.

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

If you like simulation racing games with a career mode that consists of long races then I say you will like it a lot. The handling is not too bad and it does feel slightly different compared to Gran Turismo and Forza but it doesn't feel horrible if that makes sense. You need to take a lot more care when throwing the car around corners, especially on cold tyres.

The visuals are pretty stunning and what gets me the most about this game is how you can set a date and a time for when you want to practice or have a quick race, not only that, there's a difference when you set the months, so for instance if you set up a race for 4pm in December it will be dark or the sun will be very low in the sky, compared to the same time in August where it will still be very light out. It's just a feature I thought was very well done. The races are also very good as well, and I love the endurance championships where the races are hours long.

If you do decide to get it, get the Game of the Year addition as it contains all the DLC packs that have been released for it so far.