Plants Vs. Zombies 2

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Wubwub, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Anyone here who got to play Plants vs. Zombies 2 yet? I've only gotten to play the first few rounds, and I'm pretty happy with it and will be downloading it soon when I can afford to get addicted to a game again. I would just like to find out if any of our members here have tried it out, and see what your initial reaction was towards it. Have you played the first version, and how does this second one hold up in your opinion? Are there any complaints you have for it? Because I found the first one to be pretty much perfect and would hope that this one at least comes close.

2. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

This game is alright, but the original is always better. I feel as if they really want you to spend your money. I liked how you got to visit various timelines and all new plants. It's a good game to kill some time with if you are ever bored.

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

PvZ2 is excellente! It packs a lot of levels and all new plants. There are new challenges too which really add to the fun. It's much smoother than the first game, it looks a lot sharper... Everything has been smoothed out. There are even branching paths wherein you could choose where to go next. Is it better? Definitely. But I think the first PvZ has had a much bigger impact to gaming as compared to part 2.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree! It doesn't disappoint, definitely, and yes the graphics are great. I miss the old graphics, though, but the new one's still awesome like I said. I also liked the simplicity of the first one, but after playing it a lot of times, I've been wanting a new version for so long already that I'd hardly complain about this one especially since it's made really well.

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I haven't downloaded it yet because I heard that it had terrible microtransactions. I wouldn't mind shelling out 10 bucks for a complete game but I'm really not interested in having to buy individual towers.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't like that bit either, but unfortunately, it seems like the way of the future for gaming. Hopefully, not all games pick up on it, but I doubt it because it just seems inevitable. Still a very enjoyable game, though, especially since it's free anyway.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I might pick it up eventually. I've heard that the game is fully playable without paying a single cent but my iPod is a 3GS and might not be compatible anymore. I just hope they release some kind of "complete edition" someday. I hate it when you have to buy a game in little chunks, and I'm not talking about DLC.

Wubwub likes this.
  8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

True, I have been playing the first few stages and I haven't been forced into buying anything so far, but yeah I also prefer to have everything in the game instead as well. I haven't really thought about it until I saw your post, but I agree and would like to have the complete version someday as well, hopefully.

9. CelTek

CelTek Member

I don't think it is required to buy anything to complete the game, but I agree with others in that I would prefer to pay a couple bucks for the game, as I did with the original, instead of having microtransactions forced upon me.

10. rebel

rebel New Member

It got me hooked from the first mission. It's really dynamic and I ended up playing 4 hours without any beak, repeating to myself - "Just one more and I stop, just one more!". The game is a great way to kill time and have fun at once so I strongly recommend it to anybody who's having doubts whether or not to purchase it.

Wubwub likes this.
  11. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 New Member

I've got Plants Vs. Zombies 2 too. It doesn't seem too different as of right now in the beginning stages, feels similar to the first version, which I have played. I played the first one all the way through, it was VERY fun. Anyways, the zombies seem to have a different walking animation which makes them seem just a tad bit faster. The game overall seems a little bit sped up. The only downside for the second version is that you have those micro-transactions to get more plants or more power ups, whereas before everything was unlock-able without real money. Still a pretty good game, even when free and doesn't have all the extra crazy plants.

12. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I have Plants Vs. Zombies 2 and I really like it, but I don't love it like the first one. The constant reminder that you can just buy your way through the game is a little annoying. It's still a lot of fun and you don't have to necessarily buy anything, but I don't know if it has the magic that the first one did.

13. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

I downloaded it a month ago, I like it. They added a lot of new stuff, new plants, new zombies (mostly cosmetic stuff). There are much more missions than in 1 and I actually like the campaign map. The only thing I don't like are the mini-transactions, but I suppose that they aren't pushed and shoved into your face and you're not forced to buy them, it's ok. Who wants to buy them will buy them, just don't know the point of glossing through a game.

14. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

The only thing I miss from the first Plants Vs Zombies is the Zen Garden wherein players could collect different plants and earn coins. I wish that they update the app and include this mode. Oh, the Tree of Wisdom also needs a comeback.

15. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I didnt really like the original that much. Is the second one really worth playing?

16. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

The gameplay is the same as the first some, there are some novelties but nothing major. If you didn't enjoy the first one, chances are you won't enjoy the second one.

17. gats

gats Member

It honestly doesn't look like a bad game but it doesn't seem like it's worth the money. I would play it if it were free for $0.99.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haha this happens to me too! When I finally downloaded it and played it I couldn't stop myself until I was halfway through stage 2, and each stage now is even considerably longer. The worst thing is playing it as you get sleepy and you can't decide between playing another stage and going to sleep. :D

It's free! :) You can pay a fee for new plants or certain upgrades, but you can play the game just fine without them, and I think you'll unlock them eventually anyway from what I've seen so far.

19. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I just starting playing this game, and I am hooked. At first glance I always thought the Plant vs Zombies games were wack. After playing this one, I like it and it is a great time passer. It is kind of hard sometimes to giving it that challenging factor.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I liked the first game right off the bat, so I was much more just afraid that they would go overboard with the add-ons on the next game and totally ruin the core idea, but fortunately they did a pretty good job of updating it just enough. I'm also glad in their decision to make the game free and I think they structured the micro-transactions really well since you can still go through the game without the extras.