PC vs. Consoles.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by dailypost1, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

PC games and console games are of a separate market. If you start a discussion on PC vs consoles, it will never end. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

2. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I will say that Consoles are purely made for gaming rather than PCs. With a console you can enjoy the gaming experience to the maximum but nothing else. When it comes to PCs, you can game on it, listen to music, watch videos among others.

3. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

PC has so many advantages. The PC may be expensive initially but the games are much cheaper. Consoles are closed platform and I don't like that.

4. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

Consoles might be cheaper, but their games are now more expensive. If you're not that hardcore gamer and you prefer to sit on the coach and play racing games with your friends, consoles are the choice.

5. LukeDerusha

LukeDerusha Member

The PC has the potential for better hardware, a larger game library, and a larger variety of uses outside of gaming.
    Consoles are simple, have exclusives like Halo that many people enjoy, and they can be used by an entire family.

6. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I think a pc wins hands down when compared to a console. Computers have a wide range of games and you don't have to worry about a game not being made for a particular pc because they are all the same so developers just makes a game for pc. The issue of exclusive games for consoles can be fixed by use of an emulator on pc.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@AndreiFL you brought up a very good point. I haven't even considered that before, but you're right. After having browsed PC game catalogs, I did notice that their games are significantly cheaper. And in my opinion, paying more for a PC isn't all that much of a disadvantage since you'd presumably be using it for more than just gaming anyway.

8. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I like both, PCs and consoles and there are some downsides and upsides on the both sides. If you want a system just for gaming or mainly for gaming then it is better to buy a console because it's cheaper and it will for sure run all the games that are made for that system. On the other hand if you want to play a game on the PC and have high quality graphics you have to spend some more money on it and some people can't afford that. There are also few exclusive games for the consoles, but if you have a capable PC then you can do a lot more stuff on the PC than on the consoles. If you want something mainly to play games then consoles are better, if you want something that lets you play games and also lets you do a lot of other stuff then PC is better. Well that is just my opinion.

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Pros of PC Gaming:
    You can get a computer that will have better performance than a console.

Cons of PC Gaming:
    However, if you don't have a good PC, you will not enjoy PC gaming, and actual good gaming computers cost fortunes.

Pros of CONSOLE Gaming:
    The games that are released for consoles are always designed for them, so you will not have problems with playing smooth and on ultra high settings.

Cons of CONSOLE Gaming:
    Usually, consoles don't have extreme water cooling like many gaming PCs. Therefore, they are prone to overheating.

10. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I think PC gaming has better graphics and you can upgrade it whenever you want. Plus I like the keyboard and mouse better than console controllers.

11. KKrage

KKrage Member

I like PCs better, tough choice though. Mainly because that PCs can do WAY more than gaming.
    Consoles have better graphics and are easier to use, but it uses quite alot of money. PCs have games with good graphics, but some don't cost, some are FREE. Which I like. I also make graphics on the PC too so I can do more than just play games.

12. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

I prefer the PC by a long mile. I just think the PC is a much better platform for gaming.

PC benefits
    - Exclusives
    - Upgrading
    - Performance
    - Customization
    - Cheaper Games
    - Cheaper Cost Overall
    - Not only for gaming
    - Keyboard & Mouse

Console Benefits
    - N/A

Some people might not agree with me, but that is what I think about PC vs Console.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree with your points especially about the cheaper games. I think consoles are trying to catch up on that department but aren't able to do it as efficiently as the PC market.

14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

For me PC games are better:
    - You can use some software to help you CHEAT if you badly want to win.
    - Get support from other gamers even if the company that developed the game stopped selling it.

-You have a wide selection of games some of which you can obtain free.
    -You can store as many games as you like which provides you with lots of variety unlike consoles.

All that knocks out consoles.

15. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I definitely prefer PC. In my opinion a few of the strongpoints are: much better optimization, increased graphics (by a lot!) and a wider range of content. PC Master Race!

16. MissBin

MissBin Member

Not to mention the fact that games for the console are actually created at much lower resolutions and use upscaling to produce 720p or 1080p content for your monitor or TV, whereas the PC games are developed at full HD resolutions creating a superior image. There are also some lighting and physics effects levels turned way down or are nonexistent on the consoles, which can be dialed right up on PCs provided you have the graphics card and cpu to handle it.

Very much like comparing apples to oranges however, so I'm not sure why all the controversy.

17. NickJ

NickJ Member

Depends on my mood. I think console games are definitely easier to maneuver though.

18. Rob

Rob New Member

I like PC's over consoles in terms of the controls and movement. You can move much more freely with a mouse than a controller/joystick and with driving I like using my keyboard more than a controller too.

19. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

i grew up playing console games because they were the easiest to operate. i didnt start gaming on my pc until high school, although i was nevera "hardcore computer gamer" i had a pc that could run high demanding games on medium kind of gig. But in all honesty even though i have always prefered consoles for convenience pc gaming car surpasses consoles in terms of quality, pricing and community. the only reason i choose consoles is because the majority of my friends exclusively play on consoles.

20. moaz13

moaz13 Member

If you get viruses you're an idiot and you deserve it. Also PCs can be used for a couch gaming machine. Consoles are only cheaper in the short term.