Overrated mobile games?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Qamra, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Angry bird did not do it for me at all, and I guess you could say Candy Crush as much I like the game, I am not all that addicted to it as some people these days on like level 6667! LOL.

2. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I think that Candy Crush is totally overrated mobile game. I of course have played it a little, but after some time I got bored by it. My friends kept playing it for a long time and I don't know why they did. After some time they quit playing it also and didn't come back to play it again. But Candy Crush was everywhere to see at that time, it was said people were playing it everywhere and a lot. I just didn't see or better, don't see, how this game could be played by so many people and be so addicting that someone has to play it over and over again, every day just to be satisfied with him/herself.

3. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Just like everyone says, I think that Angry Birds is quite overrated. I heard that it received over 4 million downloads, which is crazy! I mean, the game isn't even that special. If you look at the series, it's just a different background.

4. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Pou, goddamn my sister keeps on playing this game like constantly.
    And I think that fruit ninja is kind of crap comparing to all of those good reviews out there.

5. MissBin

MissBin Member

I would say Angry Birds. Yea it was a great game when the first version came out. But now after so many updates i think it lost its charm. It is surely not that good as advertisments says. There are many games which are better and not overrated like Angry Birds is. Even though it will be hard to make such a big hit again but that is what everybody said before that game came out.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

It has to be Angry Birds for me. I never saw the appeal for it and I disliked the game when it was popular.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. I think the appeal is just that it's so simple so everyone can pick it up and play without getting too intimidated by the controls and mechanics. I am surprised too by how famous they got, but I guess they did something right to get there.

8. ray king

ray king Member

I agree with Angry Birds. Though I have played it a bit, and like the Star Wars version, I don't understand whats so great about it. In fact I enjoyed the other games made by the same company - Amazing Alex and Tiny Thief. Both these games were enjoyable, but Angry Birds was just the same thing done in many different ways. Quite boring after a while.

9. Colebra

Colebra Member

I have never owned a tablet, and even when it comes to cellphones, the ones I had in the past don't really allow for a good gaming experience.
    So I never got caught up in the mobile games thing.
    I use cellphone games for doctor's waiting rooms and stuff like that...

But I don't really believe I would get caught up, even if I had those devices.
    Angry Birds, Fruit Slicer, Flappy Birds, are all overrated...
    I'd rather play real games.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The way people were raving about angry birds, you'd think it was the best thing to happen to mobile gaming. Normally when people talk a lot about something, curiosity gets the better of me. So I gave angry birds a shot.

I didn't play it a second time. It's definitely the most overrated mobile game. To imagine that across all platforms the game has had over a billion downloads . . .

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of hype surrounding angry birds but I don't recall anyone actually giving it that much praise aside from being a good time waster. I agree it is pretty weird how popular it got consider the quality of gameplay you could get out of it.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

All of those generic games like Subway Surfers, Temple Run on Angry Birds. I mean, sure, they're fun to play a little bit when you have nothing to do but they aren't the best games out there (only in terms of downloads maybe).

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I have an irrational hatred towards endless runners and I don't know why. I think it's because I find them to be lazy, creatively speaking. I do have appreciation for the original one, temple run though, because at the time it was kind of unique.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, Temple Run was kind of unique but the concept wasn't that original, it was only unique on the mobile platform. Subway Surfers is kind of a spin-off of Temple Run, just diversified a little bit.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember at the time there weren't too many mobile games so it did seem fresh andi could understand the obsession that people had for it but the spin offs have gotten a bit out of hand at this point in my opinion.