Overrated mobile games?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Qamra, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

You must have been pissed eh? I would have been. I would have felt that way if I had bought TF2 and then it went free..

2. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I was pissed when I found out what a crap game it was, and that was well before they made it free. It's only a dollar, not really a big deal if I take how expensive retail games are for consoles into account. At least I didn't drop 60 bucks on Duke Nukem Forever or something

3. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Candy Crush and Angry Birds. Don't get me wrong, Angry Birds was great, but it does NOT deserve the attention it is/was getting.

Candy Crush is self-explanatory.

4. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Candy Crush is so crappy. The graphics and style are just so low budget looking. If Bejewelled was raking in that much cash, I wouldn't be too surprised because Bejewelled actually looks like it has production value

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I prefer Jewel Quest or Bejeweled to Candy Crush myself. It's just so low budget.

6. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

As said above.. Angry birds.

Really and truly you are just doing the same thing over and over again! They keep releasing new stuff for it too which is annoying.

7. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

They made a cash cow, they will squeeze the bugger dry. The fandom is already starting to dry, see how many games they released, angry karts? Really...

8. Rawisjason

Rawisjason Member

Angry birds receives way more hype than it should. I used to play the game and was addicted to it, but it fell off when they started making sequels to it. It gets repetitive and boring, definitely not something to hype up. Angry birds died off, ten it was temple run, candy crush, and now clash of clans. I enjoy clash of clans, I play it everyday, I just hope it doesn't die off.

9. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I think Candy Crush was overrated. When I first started playing it, I didn't even like it that much. After playing for a while it got a little bit better but overall it is not that fun of a game. It gets kind of repetitive actually. Definitely something I would not want to play all the time.

10. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I'd like to mention another overrated game. It's Flappy Bird! The game is so simple and repetitive that I think it doesn't deserve its average rating of 4/5 in the Play Store. The game has already been removed by the developer from the market though.

11. Clanky

Clanky Member

Candy Crush Saga. Either I'm just too dumb to understand it, or there's really nothing special about this game. I mean - what's so great about breaking these mysterious blocks/candies all day? What's the clue behind this game? I just don't get it.

12. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

I've got to go with Flappy Bird. All that game did for me was give me a headache. The controls were lame, the game was too challenging, and it was hardly original. I'm sorry, I just don't see why it got so popular.

13. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Angry Birds Space. I like the first one. But it went repetitive and they totally ruined the fun in Space.

14. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

Agreed. I really thought that the first Angry Birds was awesome and pretty innovative. However, everything after that seemed to just be a new theme. There wasn't much creativity after the first one.

15. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I say both Angry Birds and Candy Crush. Both games were obvious cash-cows and people failed to see it. The fact they managed to make Millions on such a simple IP. I really don't like anything about the games and they seem to be the next best thing.

16. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 New Member

Candy Crush and Benji Bananas. Candy Crush isn't any better than all other games which serve the same purpose. No idea how it got that popular. Now about Benji Bananas. I see people playing it and wonder why? It's not even interesting. Most of the time you depend on luck and making money takes quite a while. Even when you have enough money, you can't buy anything interesting.

17. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I agree with some of you guys, angry birds is by far the most over rated mobile game out there today. I remember when Angry Birds was first released I couldn't go a day without hearing about the damn game.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@FosterTXT - I remember those times as well, and at the time, I admit that I did enjoy them as well, especially the first one, but I've recently just downloaded some of the current versions and for some reason, I don't think they are as good anymore. There's something about the animation that's become a lot different, and all the new bird additions I find very distracting and convoluted.

19. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have to say Candy Crush is the most overrated game Ihave ever played. It's really fun in the begging, but getting borng soon thereafter.

20. qag

qag Member

Out of the big mobile games, I'm not a fan of Angry Birds or Candy Crush Saga. I don't have much with Angry Birds as the gameplay feels to luck based. Candy Crush Saga is just one of those games where it feels like the sole purpose is to extract as much money from your wallet as possible.