Overrated mobile games?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Qamra, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Qamra

Qamra Member

What are some games, that although heavily advertised and recommended,
    didn't win your love?

2. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Angry Birds! It's an over advertised and over-hyped game that I really don't like at all. Yes, it's simple and anybody could get into it. But it's also boring. All you have to do is toss cute little birdies all over the place in hopes to hit whatever you have to hit. It's not a bad game by any means but it's just that the advertising and publicity are so exaggerated thus making it over rated.

3. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Angry Birds was nice but it wasn't like "app of the year." All my friends were in opinion of Angry Birds, shouting that it was simple and fun and a delight. I honestly do not know what is the fuss over the app, you're just throwing birds at pigs. Fruit Ninja is fun, but it is so limited and like Angry Birds, it is produced onto consoles now. The app is too compact and gets repetitive and boring after a while. Honestly, if you're looking for a good app, go with the Infinity Blade series.

4. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

Oh my gosh! My thoughts exactly.

This game was so hyped up. It was fun for the original Angry Birds, but afterwards with all the newer Angry Birds it got old and boring. It's obvious that Roxio is trying to squeeze out any chance it has to make money on the Angry Birds franchise. Action figures are even being sold in stores for you to add to your game on your device.

5. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I paid for Angry Birds: Seasons, but it was so bad and really horrible. I enjoyed Angry Birds: Star Wars Edition or was it Space Edition? That really paid homage to the Star Wars franchise, and it was pretty fun to play, in truth. All the others, so overrated.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Fortunately, I haven't played that many mobile games I was disappointed by, because I don't really download or play that much on smartphones. I'm not addicted to Angry Birds, but I don't think it is overrated. Personally, I think it was the perfect introduction to smartphone gaming, and a great use of the touchpad in its simplicity, especially because it was very well made and I can never criticize the developers for something that doesn't feel "phoned in". I haven't played the other incarnations, though, so I couldn't talk about that, but the original was pretty good in my opinion.

7. Qamra

Qamra Member

I knew Angry Birds will be mostly mentioned, ha, I really don't see why it's so popular.
    Good game for kids but it's not that exciting to become top mobile app.

8. Laceto

Laceto New Member

Angry Birds, the concept is very old so the idea isn't original at all. It's just the marketing that made the game huge. The game itself is boring and not challenging.

9. rebel

rebel New Member

Angry birds and Poo. I find both games to rather lack innovations and I just found the gameplay itself really boring after a while. There are games that have much less advertisement, but are soooo much better, a good example of that would be Defender II or Benji Bananas.

10. CelTek

CelTek Member

I'm amazed that Angry Birds has made the money it has. It's not even that great a game, but their marketing team is second to none.

11. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'm surprised that no one mentioned candy crush. It is just a classic game with a simple theme change. I remember playing this game when I was in middle school!

12. CelTek

CelTek Member

Good call. They've made that game in such a way that it is basically luck if you win or not, and then you only get five "lives". It's a bit of a dirty trick in my mind. There is a firefox plugin that allows you to cheat on flash games, I confess to using it for a couple of especially tricky levels. I gave up playing candy crush quite a long time ago though.

13. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 New Member

I want to throw in Candy Crush as one of the games that got pretty overrated. It wasn't that fun after a while because you'd just get stuck on a level for like weeks. Also, anyone here try Temple Run? I could never get into that game, but everyone seemed to talk about it and how they got super high scores.

14. randee555

randee555 Member

I agree with candy crush. I saw so many commercials for it and didn't understand why it was so popular, it was boring and similar to so many other games. Another was doodle jump, really simple game and people talked about it like it was so awesome.

15. Knoonz

Knoonz New Member

I have no idea what the appeal of candy crush is, yet all my late 20something friends play it. I suppose this is one of those "to each their own" scenarios but I certainly think there are much better games out there. One that comes to mind is Peggle.

16. gats

gats Member

Angry birds is incredibly overrated. I have no idea why it became popular since it seems no better than a free flash game on Newgrounds.

17. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Doodle Jump. It was on that recommended apps list back in the day, Big Bang Theory talked about it being addictive, and a bunch of other stuff. Played it for 5 minutes, tried to get into it, wasted my dollar.

18. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

There's a pad version of Doodle Jump? I remember playing this game on a low end phone and I also got tired of it very quickly. But I never thought that it also had a paid version. I wouldn't have paid a dollar for a game as simple as that. Lol. :D

19. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Fucking Angry birds. It's literally early flash games but being charged for. That's why Apple won't allow people to have flash on their phones because they are literally the same games except some of them are even BETTER then whats available.

20. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

It was a dollar when I bought it. I think they went the microtransaction route and made it free.